Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bricks on Concrete Porch

Lovely Miseries Bob is pestering me to put brick on the porch. I have limited info and practically no experience using mortar except repairing small areas of concrete.

The story I got at HD was to get it good and clean first, then put down some kind of plasticized cement (can't remember any of this stuff right now.), then lay the bricks.

Instead of adding mortar as I go, what about putting down all the bricks first on the adhesive, and then pushing mortar down between them once they're in place?