Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete porch.

I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a
product made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it
would do the job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes.
Have any of you tried this product and if so, is it any good?
My porch is covered and no sun hits it. Any info will help me make a
decision. Thanks in advance... Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chuck" wrote

I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a product
made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it would do the
job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes.

Chuck, faced with a simular situation, I took a different route. Outdoor
carpeting. It's not just that 'green plastic grass' stuff anymore. I have a
multicolor berber one in the sunroom.

The epoxy coverings work well enough but dont look the same after a bit of
time, even with no direct sun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chuck wrote:
I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a
product made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it
would do the job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes.
Have any of you tried this product and if so, is it any good?
My porch is covered and no sun hits it. Any info will help me make a
decision. Thanks in advance... Chuck

So you want to go from a no-maintainence surface to a lifetime maintainence
problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 10:45*am, Chuck wrote:
I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a
product made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it
would do the job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes.
Have any of you tried this product and if so, is it any good?
My porch is covered and no sun hits it. Any info will help me make a
decision. Thanks in advance... Chuck

Paint works, paint peels, Sherwin Williams has HC concrete stain, I
did the garage floor in maybe 1986, its still there but worn from
tires. Acid etching, power washing, is a must for any coating to last,
but HC oil base wont peel, i dont know how it weathers in sun , but
there are other concrete stains pros use, Something new and unique is
Concrete Acid stain, google it. One you coat concrete you enter a loop
you must repeat every so many years. Maybe a good bleach, then acid-
rinse, power wash is worth considering, it will look new again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

For the staining idea, you can go to http://YouTube.com and do a search
for ---- stain concrete

Here's one link that comes up that shows how to stain a concrete driveway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_YbUuNCY8

"Chuck" wrote in message
I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a product
made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it would do the
job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes.
Have any of you tried this product and if so, is it any good?
My porch is covered and no sun hits it. Any info will help me make a
decision. Thanks in advance... Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chuck wrote:
I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a
product made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it
would do the job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes.
Have any of you tried this product and if so, is it any good?
My porch is covered and no sun hits it. Any info will help me make a
decision. Thanks in advance... Chuck

I think that is the same stuff I used on my garage floor. It's got some
scratches here and there but in general the stuff really sticks to the
concrete well. I did the floor all the way out past the garage doors to
the outside. The only problem is the outside part is very faded.