Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool strikes again

Hi All,

While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part
from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap3873993.html

Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till
4:20. In another world, this would be funny! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
Whirlpool's tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!

Yup. Another trip to Reno, this time with the old part (with
part number sticker) in hand to purchase the correct part.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:40:37 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part
from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap3873993.html

Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till
4:20. In another world, this would be funny! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
Whirlpool's tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!

Yup. Another trip to Reno, this time with the old part (with
part number sticker) in hand to purchase the correct part.

-T

Sometimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon

How far is Reno?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/09/2014 11:57 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:40:37 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part
from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap3873993.html

Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till
4:20. In another world, this would be funny! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
Whirlpool's tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!

Yup. Another trip to Reno, this time with the old part (with
part number sticker) in hand to purchase the correct part.

-T

Sometimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most
--Mark Twain

Did Whirlpool exist in Twain's time?

How far is Reno?

Takes me about 1-1/2 hrs to drive there, if I stop to pee.
Had to reschedule a customer to drive there, again, today.
Reno reminds me of a small PRC city. Makes my skin crawl.
And they all drive too close to each other too. Freaks me
out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:11:32 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/09/2014 11:57 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:40:37 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part
from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap3873993.html

Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till
4:20. In another world, this would be funny! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
Whirlpool's tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!

Yup. Another trip to Reno, this time with the old part (with
part number sticker) in hand to purchase the correct part.

-T

Sometimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most
--Mark Twain

"My doctor asked if any members of my family suffered from
insanity... I said nope, we all seem to enjoy it !!"

Did Whirlpool exist in Twain's time?

How far is Reno?

Takes me about 1-1/2 hrs to drive there, if I stop to pee.
Had to reschedule a customer to drive there, again, today.
Reno reminds me of a small PRC city. Makes my skin crawl.
And they all drive too close to each other too. Freaks me
out.

Take the old "parts" with you. Your video mentions a capacitor so
check that you do or do not have one.

Looks like (sample)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f7otYv7bhU
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/09/2014 12:32 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

This time I have learned my lesson. Always take
the bad part with you! (Damn thing has the
part number written right on it!) I will have
the capacitor, which fits right on the thing.

This does explain why the parts break down had the
capacitor to the side mounted on the frame with
a screw. Wrong relay part and he didn't know
what to do with the extra capacitor. Just
add a screw!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/09/2014 12:32 PM, Oren wrote:
"My doctor asked if any members of my family suffered from
insanity... I said nope, we all seem to enjoy it !!"

Love it!

Senior Member

I'm on dial-up so a movie download for me is something that takes all day.

What is it about this Whirlpool video that makes Todd say that the Whirlpool repair techs must have been fired from the IRS?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Todd" wrote in message .

This time I have learned my lesson. Always take
the bad part with you! (Damn thing has the
part number written right on it!) I will have
the capacitor, which fits right on the thing.

I learned to do that when I was about 20. Helped a friend change a water
pump on a car. On the 3 rd trip back to get the right pump we finally took
the old one with us. The parts man placed 7 on the conuter and told us to
match up what we had. The pumps all looked the same, but depending on if
you had air, power stearing and several other things, some of the holes
would not be drilled or tapped.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/9/2014 5:53 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I learned to do that when I was about 20. Helped a friend change a water
pump on a car. On the 3 rd trip back to get the right pump we finally took
the old one with us. The parts man placed 7 on the conuter and told us to
match up what we had. The pumps all looked the same, but depending on if
you had air, power stearing and several other things, some of the holes
would not be drilled or tapped.

Oh, let me count the ways. Brake rotors, fans
for heaters, and the list goes on. Take the
old part..... always.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

I'm on dial-up so a movie download for me is something that takes all
day.

What is it about this Whirlpool video that makes Todd say that the
Whirlpool repair techs must have been fired from the IRS?

It is about replacing an overload device on the refrig. You have to look at
a 10 digit model number on the refrig. Look at the third number from the
end and see what it is. Then yhou look at one of several parts to see which
one is to be used, None of the numbers match up. He then goes to the web
site and has to find the part numbers have been changed. And other things
like that.

Sort of like the forms where you have to go three or four places to get the
right numbers to put on certain blocks on the IRS tax form.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Sep 2014 23:33:04 +0200, nestork
wrote:

What is it about this Whirlpool video that makes Todd say that the
Whirlpool repair techs must have been fired from the IRS?

Todd never really said It was the IRS. What he said was" "Whirlpool's
tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!"

His important point was regarding the instructions in the box.
Instruction called for a part number that was not in the instructions.

Did I get that right. These instruction sheets can be as hard as hard
as _ Japanese Arithmetic_".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:40:01 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/09/2014 12:32 PM, Oren wrote:
"My doctor asked if any members of my family suffered from
insanity... I said nope, we all seem to enjoy it !!"

Love it!

Hey!. I'm finding out I have a "malformed public duty gland!" G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:11:32 -0700, Todd wrote:

How far is Reno?

Takes me about 1-1/2 hrs to drive there, if I stop to pee.
Had to reschedule a customer to drive there, again, today.
Reno reminds me of a small PRC city. Makes my skin crawl.
And they all drive too close to each other too. Freaks me
out.

Is Las Vegas closer? You can go for hours without a cell tower G?

--
pack some heat for the rip...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/9/2014 2:40 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part
from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap3873993.html

Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till
4:20. In another world, this would be funny! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
Whirlpool's tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!

Yup. Another trip to Reno, this time with the old part (with
part number sticker) in hand to purchase the correct part.

-T

If filing schedule C, provide a breakdown of expenses
using form C-1 which can be downloaded and printed at
your expense if you can find it on the web site.

I've worked on refrigerators for a decade or more. I've
found very few moments when such a device shorts out,
mostly they open up.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/9/2014 5:33 PM, nestork wrote:

I'm on dial-up so a movie download for me is something that takes all
day.

What is it about this Whirlpool video that makes Todd say that the
Whirlpool repair techs must have been fired from the IRS?

The part numbers on the part are different
than the numbers on the parts bags. And
the part numbers on the parts bags are
different than the part numbers in the
repair manuals. The guy goes through a
full minute of describing which part numbers
are the same and which are different, and
his delivery is flat, and humorless.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/10/2014 12:01 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:11:32 -0700, Todd wrote:

How far is Reno?

Takes me about 1-1/2 hrs to drive there, if I stop to pee.
Had to reschedule a customer to drive there, again, today.
Reno reminds me of a small PRC city. Makes my skin crawl.
And they all drive too close to each other too. Freaks me
out.

Is Las Vegas closer? You can go for hours without a cell tower G?

Vegas is about a 9 hour drive. :'(
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/10/2014 05:27 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've
found very few moments when such a device shorts out,
mostly they open up.

Like in computer talk, when a customer says he has
a virus, a "short" can mean almost anything.

For instance, a light bulb "shorted" out. We both know
that it "opened" or his breaker would have blown.
"Shorted" has come to simply mean "faulty". Does drive
you a little bit nuts when you are trying to troubleshoot
though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/10/2014 05:30 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/9/2014 5:33 PM, nestork wrote:

I'm on dial-up so a movie download for me is something that takes all
day.

What is it about this Whirlpool video that makes Todd say that the
Whirlpool repair techs must have been fired from the IRS?

The part numbers on the part are different
than the numbers on the parts bags. And
the part numbers on the parts bags are
different than the part numbers in the
repair manuals. The guy goes through a
full minute of describing which part numbers
are the same and which are different, and
his delivery is flat, and humorless.

Perfect description. The humor came from my wife laughing
her butt off in the background whilst I tried to figure
out what was going on -- playing the same section over and over
until I threw my hands up in the air and said this is the
wrong part. And every time I played it over, she laughed
even harder

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2014 1:32 PM, Todd wrote:
On 09/10/2014 05:27 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've
found very few moments when such a device shorts out,
mostly they open up.

Like in computer talk, when a customer says he has
a virus, a "short" can mean almost anything.

For instance, a light bulb "shorted" out. We both know
that it "opened" or his breaker would have blown.
"Shorted" has come to simply mean "faulty". Does drive
you a little bit nuts when you are trying to troubleshoot
though.

Especially for literal people people like me.

When I do locksmith work, the people will try
to talk using trade terms. "The tumbler isn't
making the striker work, so the pins aren't
shearing, which means that the plugger isn't
doing what a plugger should do, so the jamb is
not lining up with the strike plate, and so the
cylinder is defective."

About that time it's all I can do not to scream
in anguish.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2014 1:35 PM, Todd wrote:
On 09/10/2014 05:30 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The part numbers on the part are different
than the numbers on the parts bags. And
the part numbers on the parts bags are
different than the part numbers in the
repair manuals. The guy goes through a
full minute of describing which part numbers
are the same and which are different, and
his delivery is flat, and humorless.

Perfect description. The humor came from my wife laughing
her butt off in the background whilst I tried to figure
out what was going on -- playing the same section over and over
until I threw my hands up in the air and said this is the
wrong part. And every time I played it over, she laughed
even harder

Some how, a serious and flat delivery like that
really makes the hysteria go off the charts.

Just got to love repair guys. When your back ordered
FSP 10433668 is NLA, we can sub out a FSP 1064372,
which FSP says is a non direct sub, remove most of
wire from post 5, and sub the longer connection jumper
FSP P/N 34934723 which is B/O for about two weeks,
but you can use any common #16 AWG about three inch
with a .250 waterproof siliconized insullated crimp
not supplied. Do not use in bath tub with hair dryer
and do not reversely install.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:22:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

When I do locksmith work, the people will try
to talk using trade terms. "The tumbler isn't
making the striker work, so the pins aren't
shearing, which means that the plugger isn't
doing what a plugger should do, so the jamb is
not lining up with the strike plate, and so the
cylinder is defective."

About that time it's all I can do not to scream
in anguish.

When I used to call the medical staff; to have a guy seen for what
seemed a reason medical complaint, they always asked me "what is wrong
with him?" Of course I would reply, "Damn if I know. I quit medical
school. If he dies my log book will reflect you were notified.
Suddenly, they would say "send him down."

I had a humorous talk with one of my doctors recently. When asked
about my condition I said - "I don't know, I'm not a doctor!"

He went on to say how his patients always try to tell him about their
condition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I do locksmith work, the people will try
to talk using trade terms. "The tumbler isn't

When I used to call the medical staff; to have a guy seen for what
seemed a reason medical complaint, they always asked me "what is wrong
with him?" Of course I would reply, "Damn if I know. I quit medical
school. If he dies my log book will reflect you were notified.
Suddenly, they would say "send him down."

I had a humorous talk with one of my doctors recently. When asked
about my condition I said - "I don't know, I'm not a doctor!"

He went on to say how his patients always try to tell him about their
condition.

It sounds like the infirmary wants to know what are
the symptoms of the complaint person. But, like you
say, not a doctor.

What's long and black and hangs from an asshole?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I do locksmith work, the people will try
to talk using trade terms. "The tumbler isn't

When I used to call the medical staff; to have a guy seen for what
seemed a reason medical complaint, they always asked me "what is wrong
with him?" Of course I would reply, "Damn if I know. I quit medical
school. If he dies my log book will reflect you were notified.
Suddenly, they would say "send him down."

I had a humorous talk with one of my doctors recently. When asked
about my condition I said - "I don't know, I'm not a doctor!"

He went on to say how his patients always try to tell him about their
condition.

It sounds like the infirmary wants to know what are
the symptoms of the complaint person. But, like you
say, not a doctor.

What's long and black and hangs from an asshole?

You tell us.You brought is up = "What's long and black and hangs from
an asshole?

I bet money you are not talking about a black shoe string! Dangling
down participles....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2014 7:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:52:17 -0400, Stormin Mormon

What's long and black and hangs from an asshole?

You tell us.You brought is up = "What's
long and black and hangs from
an asshole?

I bet money you are not talking about a
black shoe string! Dangling
down participles....

A stethoscope.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:27:53 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/10/2014 12:01 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:11:32 -0700, Todd wrote:

How far is Reno?

Takes me about 1-1/2 hrs to drive there, if I stop to pee.
Had to reschedule a customer to drive there, again, today.
Reno reminds me of a small PRC city. Makes my skin crawl.

What's PRC.

And they all drive too close to each other too. Freaks me

Is this cruising up and down the Reno strip (if there is one) or in
general?

out.

Is Las Vegas closer? You can go for hours without a cell tower G?

Vegas is about a 9 hour drive. :'(

The West is a lot bigger than the Northeast. In 9 hours I could go
from Baltimore through 5 other states to Boston.

The Southeast is a bit bigger. Maybe couldn't get more than 2 states
away, to the western corner of North Carolina.

Going west, the middle of Ohio.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 04:49 PM, micky wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:27:53 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/10/2014 12:01 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:11:32 -0700, Todd wrote:

How far is Reno?

Takes me about 1-1/2 hrs to drive there, if I stop to pee.
Had to reschedule a customer to drive there, again, today.
Reno reminds me of a small PRC city. Makes my skin crawl.

What's PRC.

Hi Micky,

PRC = The Peoples Republic of California.

And they all drive too close to each other too. Freaks me

Is this cruising up and down the Reno strip (if there is one) or in
general?

No. Freeway all the way past Carson City. If I was downtown, it would
have taken me hours to get out of the city.

out.

Is Las Vegas closer? You can go for hours without a cell tower G?

Vegas is about a 9 hour drive. :'(

The West is a lot bigger than the Northeast. In 9 hours I could go
from Baltimore through 5 other states to Boston.

The Southeast is a bit bigger. Maybe couldn't get more than 2 states
away, to the western corner of North Carolina.

Going west, the middle of Ohio.

You will notice that Oren asked me how far away Reno was and
I answered him in "time" not "miles". He didn't flinch.
Yes, the West is a lot bigger.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 04:22 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/11/2014 7:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:52:17 -0400, Stormin Mormon

What's long and black and hangs from an asshole?

You tell us.You brought is up = "What's
long and black and hangs from
an asshole?

I bet money you are not talking about a
black shoe string! Dangling
down participles....

A stethoscope.

No doubt caught on a wrist watch some doctor could
figure out where he lost it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2014 06:49 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

The West is a lot bigger than the Northeast. In 9 hours I could go
from Baltimore through 5 other states to Boston.

The Southeast is a bit bigger. Maybe couldn't get more than 2 states
away, to the western corner of North Carolina.

Going west, the middle of Ohio.

I remember visiting some friends in west Texas (about 100 miles west of
Waco, nowhere near a big city). You could really see a lot of stars there.

--
104 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine and murder;
for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2014 9:22 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I remember visiting some friends in west Texas (about 100 miles west of
Waco, nowhere near a big city). You could really see a lot of stars there.

How far is that?
About two beers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:56:11 -0700, Todd wrote:

You will notice that Oren asked me how far away Reno was and
I answered him in "time" not "miles". He didn't flinch.
Yes, the West is a lot bigger.

"...There are 346 miles from Las Vegas and Reno and 452 miles by car.
Las Vegas and Reno are 8 hours 1 min far apart (by car)."

Driving distance 452 mi 727 km 392 nautical miles.

In other words, it is a long drive, BTDT. It can be boring, no cell
phone contact and sometimes few cars on the road. You could hit a cow,
a burro or a wild Mustang. Carry a gun...

It you stop to pee, stop at a bordello or get gas it can be longer
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:56:11 -0700, Todd wrote:

PRC = The Peoples Republic of California.

AKA a foreign country :-\

I've advocated for a border fence to save Nevada!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/12/2014 01:19 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:56:11 -0700, Todd wrote:

PRC = The Peoples Republic of California.

AKA a foreign country :-\

I've advocated for a border fence to save Nevada!

The Land of Nuts and Flakes and colorful 4 inch Rainbow trout.

I second your idea on the fence.

You know, if we outlawed all new golf courses, they'd
stop coming here. The existing ones, we could turn into
off road 4 wheel drive parks. (Golf is what happens to
a fisherman when he lead an unrighteous lives and then,
well, ... dies.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/12/2014 01:18 PM, Oren wrote:

[snip]

In other words, it is a long drive, BTDT. It can be boring, no cell
phone contact and sometimes few cars on the road. You could hit a cow,
a burro or a wild Mustang. Carry a gun...

It you stop to pee, stop at a bordello or get gas it can be longer

A sign as a gas station in Brownwood "fill the tank and empty the kids".
The last part was about peeing.

--
103 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not
understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand."
-- Mark Twain

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/13/2014 10:32 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

A sign as a gas station in Brownwood
"fill the tank and empty the kids".
The last part was about peeing.

There is great wisdom in this message.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Microsoft Strikes Again... Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 12 December 2nd 09 12:48 AM
Obama strikes again... Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 11 August 13th 09 04:13 PM
lightning strikes Stephen[_6_] UK diy 58 July 10th 09 03:47 AM
HOA strikes again HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 34 June 21st 09 09:58 PM
Citgo Strikes Again [email protected] Electronics 1 August 3rd 07 11:27 PM