Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool strikes again

On 9/11/2014 1:32 PM, Todd wrote:
On 09/10/2014 05:27 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've
found very few moments when such a device shorts out,
mostly they open up.

Like in computer talk, when a customer says he has
a virus, a "short" can mean almost anything.

For instance, a light bulb "shorted" out. We both know
that it "opened" or his breaker would have blown.
"Shorted" has come to simply mean "faulty". Does drive
you a little bit nuts when you are trying to troubleshoot
though.

Especially for literal people people like me.

When I do locksmith work, the people will try
to talk using trade terms. "The tumbler isn't
making the striker work, so the pins aren't
shearing, which means that the plugger isn't
doing what a plugger should do, so the jamb is
not lining up with the strike plate, and so the
cylinder is defective."

About that time it's all I can do not to scream
in anguish.

--
..
Christopher A. Young