Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:30:34 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

I just eliminated all the carpet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch
the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to
the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent
bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose,
turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly.
It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make
the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

I just eliminated all the carpet.

that's what happens when you use a cheap vacuum

Posted to alt.home.repair

John wrote:
On 8/21/2014 8:30 PM, Bob F wrote:
Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not
touch the carpet unless you held the front down with your foot.
Google quickly found a site that said the solution was to replace
the short hose that attaches to the brush head from the vac body. I
figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend that holds the brush
head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned the top a
half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it
and make the fix. You gotta' love the internet.

Freebies are nice

Especially when you are willing and able to fix them.

I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened it up and
removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port hole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/2014 4:12 PM, Bob F wrote:

Freebies are nice

Especially when you are willing and able to fix them.

I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened it up and
removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port hole.

Non resonant marbles, and action figures?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/24/2014 4:12 PM, Bob F wrote:

Freebies are nice

Especially when you are willing and able to fix them.

I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened
it up and removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port
hole.

Non resonant marbles, and action figures?

You're right. Some kid lost his marbles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2014 10:16 AM, Bob F wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened
it up and removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port
hole.

Non resonant marbles, and action figures?

You're right. Some kid lost his marbles.

Action figure with extra... uh....

--
..
Christopher A. Young

dyson dc07 repair Fred UK diy 24 March 22nd 13 06:41 PM
Dyson DC07 - cleaning filters John UK diy 1 October 15th 07 08:54 PM
Dyson Hose (DC07) John UK diy 2 June 21st 07 06:04 PM
Dyson DC07 Clean John UK diy 21 February 11th 07 04:12 PM
Dyson DC07 overheating question PHG UK diy 3 December 15th 04 03:25 PM