DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/373621-dyson-dc07-quick-fix-when-brush-doesnt-contact-carpet.html)

Bob F August 22nd 14 01:30 AM

Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

Oren[_2_] August 22nd 14 03:40 AM

Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:30:34 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

I just eliminated all the carpet.

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds August 22nd 14 04:05 AM

Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.

wrote:

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch
the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to
the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent
bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose,
turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly.
It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make
the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

I just eliminated all the carpet.

that's what happens when you use a cheap vacuum

John August 23rd 14 10:48 PM

On 8/21/2014 8:30 PM, Bob F wrote:
Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.

Freebies are nice :)

Bob F August 24th 14 09:12 PM

John wrote:
On 8/21/2014 8:30 PM, Bob F wrote:
Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not
touch the carpet unless you held the front down with your foot.
Google quickly found a site that said the solution was to replace
the short hose that attaches to the brush head from the vac body. I
figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend that holds the brush
head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned the top a
half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it
and make the fix. You gotta' love the internet.

Freebies are nice :)

Especially when you are willing and able to fix them.

I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened it up and
removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port hole.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 24th 14 10:30 PM

On 8/24/2014 4:12 PM, Bob F wrote:

Freebies are nice :)

Especially when you are willing and able to fix them.

I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened it up and
removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port hole.

Non resonant marbles, and action figures?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Bob F August 26th 14 03:16 PM

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/24/2014 4:12 PM, Bob F wrote:

Freebies are nice :)

Especially when you are willing and able to fix them.

I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened
it up and removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port
hole.

Non resonant marbles, and action figures?

You're right. Some kid lost his marbles.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 26th 14 06:36 PM

On 8/26/2014 10:16 AM, Bob F wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I just set up a subwoofer that had a horrible rattle until I opened
it up and removed the objects some kid had obviously put in the port
hole.

Non resonant marbles, and action figures?

You're right. Some kid lost his marbles.

Action figure with extra... uh....

--
..
Christopher A. Young