Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.

Someone gave me this vac. It had a problem that the brush would not touch the
carpet unless you held the front down with your foot. Google quickly found a
site that said the solution was to replace the short hose that attaches to the
brush head from the vac body. I figured the hose must acquire a permanent bend
that holds the brush head up, so I detached the bottom end of the hose, turned
the top a half turn, then reattached the bottom end. It now work perfectly. It
probably took 15 minutes to research it, dump the dirt, look at it and make the
fix.

You gotta' love the internet.