Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Daring Dufas

It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

His middle name is Daring?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 8, 2014 6:11:29 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been

in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.

Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")

nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

It's amazing how much you miss him...it has been a few Months (May 22) since he responded here! (and his name is Dufus, ya dufas!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 7:33 AM, Jenny wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

His middle name is Daring?

I guess that narrows it down, a bit. Thank you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Thanks, might give me some thing to work with.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 06:50:43 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Thanks, might give me some thing to work with.

horrible choice of words, "was"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Thanks, might give me some thing to work with.

horrible choice of words, "was"

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned
that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal
stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do
something, however small, to honor the man.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertMacy wrote in
newsp.xj9112la2cx0wh@ajm:

wrote:

On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Thanks, might give me some thing to work with.

horrible choice of words, "was"

We all die sooner or later. Given the ages of the old folks hangering
around here, it is more likely "sooner". Get used to it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 07:26:29 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned
that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal
stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do
something, however small, to honor the man.

You are, by asking about him. But, if he is gone, it would be nice to let
his friends nearby where he lived know he was appreciated on the web.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Thanks, might give me some thing to work with.

horrible choice of words, "was"

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned
that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal
stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do
something, however small, to honor the man.

I am acquainted (online) with a person who may be able to find out the
status of TDD. I'll see if I can get the info and let you know, but I
can't promise any results, all I can do is ask. It's nice of you to be
concerned.

--
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 09:36:05 -0500, Betty 'all wrote:

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned
that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal
stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do
something, however small, to honor the man.

I am acquainted (online) with a person who may be able to find out the
status of TDD. I'll see if I can get the info and let you know, but I
can't promise any results, all I can do is ask. It's nice of you to be
concerned.

TDD spoke here a number of times about living on an old farmstead in
B' ham. Not sure if it was passed down by family of not.

A couple of times he mentioned Ruffer Mountain National Preserve, I
think he said it bordered the property he lived on.

I sure miss him and Heybub too. They both could get folks riled up
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 09:36:05 -0500, Betty 'all wrote:

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned
that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal
stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do
something, however small, to honor the man.

I am acquainted (online) with a person who may be able to find out the
status of TDD. I'll see if I can get the info and let you know, but I
can't promise any results, all I can do is ask. It's nice of you to be
concerned.

TDD spoke here a number of times about living on an old farmstead in
B' ham. Not sure if it was passed down by family of not.

A couple of times he mentioned Ruffer Mountain National Preserve, I
think he said it bordered the property he lived on.

I sure miss him and Heybub too. They both could get folks riled up

The person I spoke with has no new news from a person who lives near
TDD. The "neighbor" said they would keep his online group of friends
updated, so at this point, without an update, the status is unknown, but
at least there is no bad news. If I hear anything else I will post it here.

--
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Zabba says no one in US with that name.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 2:27 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/8/2014 9:46 AM, noname wrote:
On 08/08/2014 07:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Zabba says no one in US with that name.

Although there is one on Facebook.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 1:51 PM, Betty wrote:

A couple of times he mentioned Ruffer Mountain National Preserve, I
think he said it bordered the property he lived on.

I sure miss him and Heybub too. They both could get folks riled up

The person I spoke with has no new news from a person who lives near
TDD. The "neighbor" said they would keep his online group of friends
updated, so at this point, without an update, the status is unknown, but
at least there is no bad news. If I hear anything else I will post it here.

Thanks, many of us would appreciate any newa.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 10:35 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 07:26:29 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned
that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal
stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do
something, however small, to honor the man.

You are, by asking about him. But, if he is gone, it would be nice to
let his friends nearby where he lived know he was appreciated on the web.

Maybe we can set up a web page of Dufas
quote, or some thing?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 10:36 AM, Betty wrote:
I am acquainted (online) with a person who may be able to find out the
status of TDD. I'll see if I can get the info and let you know, but I
can't promise any results, all I can do is ask. It's nice of you to be
concerned.

Please ask. Yes, I'm concerned. I'm nice
some times, but not all the time.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 1:51 PM, Betty wrote:

The person I spoke with has no new news from a person who lives near
TDD. The "neighbor" said they would keep his online group of friends
updated, so at this point, without an update, the status is unknown, but
at least there is no bad news. If I hear anything else I will post it here.

Perhaps the online friend can knock his
door, and express concern for us.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 8, 2014 7:38:59 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Please ask. Yes, I'm concerned. I'm nice

some times, but not all the time.

You could have decided to be concerned 3 months ago when he was possibly ill...now it's pointless to act concerned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2014 12:33 PM, Oren wrote:

I sure miss him and Heybub too. They
both could get folks riled up

Is riled up a good thing? I guess it
could be, if "you libs" would stop resulting
in the death of innocent children.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 17:55:26 -0700, BenDarrenBach
wrote:

On Friday, August 8, 2014 7:38:59 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Please ask. Yes, I'm concerned. I'm nice

some times, but not all the time.

You could have decided to be concerned 3 months ago when he was possibly
ill...now it's pointless to act concerned.

uh, i may be misremembering, but I think DD took great umbrage at people
being 'overly' concerned about his condition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 8, 2014 7:38:59 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Please ask. Yes, I'm concerned. I'm nice

some times, but not all the time.

You could have decided to be concerned 3 months ago when he was
possibly ill...now it's pointless to act concerned.

uh, i may be misremembering, but I think DD took great umbrage at people
being 'overly' concerned about his condition.

Now I remember...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQCE_3bc6Y
Posted to alt.home.repair

Did we hear back from the person who
knew someone? I think I remember TDD
is ok, but not on computer for a while.

Remind me, please.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:33:59 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Did we hear back from the person who
knew someone? I think I remember TDD
is ok, but not on computer for a while.

Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:15:15 -0700, Oren wrote in

wrote:

Did we hear back from the person who
knew someone? I think I remember TDD
is ok, but not on computer for a while.

Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to
all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Did we hear back from the person who
knew someone? I think I remember TDD
is ok, but not on computer for a while.

Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

I have not heard anything about TDD as yet, but that is not necessarily
bad. I will definitely post the info to this group if, or when, I do
have news.

--
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:52 AM, Betty wrote:
Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

I have not heard anything about TDD as yet, but that is not necessarily
bad. I will definitely post the info to this group if, or when, I do
have news.

Thank you. Some times, the waiting
is the hardest part. Of course, you
can't forward information you've not
yet gotten.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:21 AM, CRNG wrote:
Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to
all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least
several times. This might been the big one.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:21 AM, CRNG wrote:
Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to
all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least
several times. This might been the big one.

Well?

Well what?! I may not be back after Friday. Not that I'm important or
special or anything. TDD is worth memories.

Well?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:21 AM, CRNG wrote:
Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to
all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least
several times. This might been the big one.

Well?

I have not heard anything, since then.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:21 AM, CRNG wrote:
Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to
all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least
several times. This might been the big one.

Well?

I have not heard anything, since then.

He's always been what I consider one of the Adorable Ones here. Long
time contributor, so a bit of handwringing still not knowing what's
going on w/him.

HeyBub's absence I've very much noticed too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:21 AM, CRNG wrote:

Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to

all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least

several times. This might been the big one.

Well?

Well what?! I may not be back after Friday. Not that I'm important or

special or anything. TDD is worth memories.

Well?

What's going on Friday? Hope you're OK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/2014 8:14 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:29:41 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
Well what?! I may not be back after Friday. Not that I'm important or
special or anything. TDD is worth memories.

What's going on Friday? Hope you're OK.

I noted that, but didn't quite respond
in time. Oren, you going on a jihad or
some thing?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been
in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him.
Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the")
nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Usenet is a dying medium. Virtually all of us have been cut off by our
ISPs, and have had to find other providers. Groups that once thrived
have withered and disappeared. I look around and neither my wife, nor
my children, even knows that usenet exists, much less that the alter ego
I choose to use to fight spam, is me, or that I read these groups. If I
find a posting that I think would interest someone, I forward it, and
when they receive it it is as an email. I doubt they research it and
find out about usenet.

When my time comes, I think my last thoughts will be of something other
than posting my imminent demise.

So when someone goes missing, my thoughts are that they have either lost
interest, forgotten their password, or moved on. I think that is the
nature of usenet.

By contrast, I participate in a web-based forum about events in my town,
and they make us use our actual name, so someone is bound to note my
passing and post it, so the others can rush over and steal my tools.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2014 8:21 AM, CRNG wrote:
Remind me, please.

It was Betty that posted. She has not replied back.

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It
eventually happens
to all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had
any).

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least
several times. This might been the big one.

Well?

Well what?! I may not be back after Friday. Not that I'm
important or
special or anything. TDD is worth memories.

Well?

Where ya goin, Willis?
And of course yer "special" : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 05:14:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

What's going on Friday? Hope you're OK.

What started as a four day nose bleed (history) to the ER is now
becoming a Cardiac Cath tomorrow. Looking for a constricted vessel
near / at the heart.

Had nose bleeds all my life, but couldn't get first aid to stop it
this time. Thanks for the thoughts, Trader.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:24:04 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Oren, you going on a jihad or
some thing?

I am mean enough but too old to fight so I will just shoot
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/2014 2:00 PM, Oren wrote:
What started as a four day nose bleed (history) to the ER is now
becoming a Cardiac Cath tomorrow. Looking for a constricted vessel
near / at the heart.

Had nose bleeds all my life, but couldn't get first aid to stop it
this time. Thanks for the thoughts, Trader.

First, regret and best wishes. If you were LDS,
I'd suggest call your home teachers and get a
priesthood blessing. Still a good idea, even if
you're not LDS, but it will take more phone calls.
Yes, LDS / Mormon priesthood blessings are for any
one who sincerely asks.

A couple decades ago, a friend had a nose bleed.
He looked it up in a homeopathic book, and says
often calcium deficiency weakens blood vessels.
A couple Tums antacids with calcium might help.
IANAL/MD, advice worth what you paid.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus