Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fix it yourself kinda guy.

I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light
switch on one as the person using it pulled on the chain too hard and
broke the switch. I also had another one that the lights started acting
weird and then finally quit working at all. I went to Lowe's, they gave me
the number to contact harbor breeze. I didn't have the sn of the unit,
however described the item I needed and they said they would sent me one
no charge. When I got it, the capacitor was the one for the fan and not
for the lights. The one for the lights has a square black box covering it.
Inside the box there is an electronic board.
So now I have to get the number off the top of the ceiling fan so they
can locate the right part. A capcitor determines how much current goes
through to the unit it is designed for.
Hope that helps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

a fix it yourself kinda guy wrote:
I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light
switch on one as the person using it pulled on the chain too hard and
broke the switch. I also had another one that the lights started acting
weird and then finally quit working at all. I went to Lowe's, they gave me
the number to contact harbor breeze. I didn't have the sn of the unit,
however described the item I needed and they said they would sent me one
no charge. When I got it, the capacitor was the one for the fan and not
for the lights. The one for the lights has a square black box covering it.
Inside the box there is an electronic board.
.So now I have to get the number off the top of the ceiling fan so they
can locate the right part. A capcitor determines how much current goes
through to the unit it is designed for.
Hope that helps.

Hi,
Can't you get a copy of wiring diagram? DIY is always a learning process
for me. I have 3 ceiling fan/light in the house. 20 years old.
Still working A-OK. Only thing I did is replacing bulbs when they burnt out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 04:44:04 +0000, a fix it yourself kinda guy
wrote:

I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light
switch on one as the person using it pulled on the chain too hard and
broke the switch. I also had another one that the lights started acting
weird and then finally quit working at all. I went to Lowe's, they gave me
the number to contact harbor breeze. I didn't have the sn of the unit,
however described the item I needed and they said they would sent me one
no charge. When I got it, the capacitor was the one for the fan and not
for the lights. The one for the lights has a square black box covering it.
Inside the box there is an electronic board.
So now I have to get the number off the top of the ceiling fan so they
can locate the right part. A capcitor determines how much current goes
through to the unit it is designed for.
Hope that helps.

Wow! Have you thought of starting a Handy Man type service, you might
make millions in return?

Tell us the real brand name on the fan...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/10/2014 12:44 AM, a fix it yourself kinda guy wrote:
I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units.

Did you get them at harber freight?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:11:41 -0400, 0ren wrote:

On 07/10/2014 12:44 AM, a fix it yourself kinda guy wrote:
I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units.

Did you get them at harber freight?

Will the real "Oren" please stand up?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/14, 12:44 AM, a fix it yourself kinda guy wrote:
I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light
switch on one as the person using it pulled on the chain too hard and
broke the switch. I also had another one that the lights started acting
weird and then finally quit working at all. I went to Lowe's, they gave me
the number to contact harbor breeze. I didn't have the sn of the unit,
however described the item I needed and they said they would sent me one
no charge. When I got it, the capacitor was the one for the fan and not
for the lights. The one for the lights has a square black box covering it.
Inside the box there is an electronic board.
So now I have to get the number off the top of the ceiling fan so they
can locate the right part. A capcitor determines how much current goes
through to the unit it is designed for.
Hope that helps.

http://www.harborbreeze-ceilingfans....acement-parts/

Here they tell you to take any broken parts to your local hardware store
so they can sell you something that looks similar. Be sure to pay cash
so you won't risk working with a charged capacitor.

Have you considered making your own from a roll of aluminum foil and a
roll of wax paper?

It could be the 190 watt lighting limiter, mandatory since 2005. Maybe
somebody screwed in a bulb that takes it over the limit. If the limiter
is bad, it could be bypassed with wire nuts. Maybe a loose wire nut has
been the source of the problem all along. I find it best to use a live
spring design and not to pretwist the bundle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:51:29 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:11:41 -0400, 0ren wrote:

On 07/10/2014 12:44 AM, a fix it yourself kinda guy wrote:
I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units.

Did you get them at harber freight?

Will the real "Oren" please stand up?

I'm right here. The freak one is a nym-shifter, for months now. I'm
not accepting the implications of flattery for the imitator. Maybe she
does it on purpose.
--
'bout to show me a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks with the critters - Brantley Gilbert
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fix it yourself kinda guy. Gibberish post

a fix it yourself kinda guy posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light

Don't bother...

--
Tekkie

Well , kinda OT , kinda on Terry Coombs[_2_] Home Repair 13 April 23rd 14 06:37 AM
Your kinda site! Buerste Metalworking 3 October 8th 10 02:48 PM
Opinion please.. kinda OT and OT Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 40 December 23rd 07 12:15 AM
Kinda, maybe neener? Shopdog Woodworking 0 April 10th 06 02:19 AM
Er, Uh, Kinda important Matt Home Repair 58 July 28th 05 06:56 PM