Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Fix it yourself kinda guy.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 04:44:04 +0000, a fix it yourself kinda guy
wrote:

I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light
switch on one as the person using it pulled on the chain too hard and
broke the switch. I also had another one that the lights started acting
weird and then finally quit working at all. I went to Lowe's, they gave me
the number to contact harbor breeze. I didn't have the sn of the unit,
however described the item I needed and they said they would sent me one
no charge. When I got it, the capacitor was the one for the fan and not
for the lights. The one for the lights has a square black box covering it.
Inside the box there is an electronic board.
So now I have to get the number off the top of the ceiling fan so they
can locate the right part. A capcitor determines how much current goes
through to the unit it is designed for.
Hope that helps.

Wow! Have you thought of starting a Handy Man type service, you might
make millions in return?

Tell us the real brand name on the fan...