Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

It's HOT, so I thought run the ceiling fan so the cool air comes across
the stone flooring and moves by me to be sucked up into the ceiling fan -
so I feel cooler. Fan is set to move air UP

Earlier I thought run the fan directly onto me gently moving air straight
at me, which is DOWN. But when I did that, after 10-15min felt hotter in
the room.

Just saw one of those home shows, says in winter run the fan to move air
UP so the hot air moves along the ceiling and down your walls. And, in the
summer run your fan DOWN, with NO explanation, except claiming that lowers
your temperature 4-5 degrees [which is impossible in a CLOSED system] and
save up to 40% on air conditioning [what planet do THEY live on?]

So my question is WHICH way is this !@#$#@ system designed for? UP or DOWN
air in the summer?