Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

Posted to alt.home.repair

Check the vent hole on the gas filler cap
Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 00:44:01 +0000, mike
wrote:

I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

Why would you expect anything different?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why would you expect anything different?

gas cap vent might be blocked, creating a vacuumn on the tank, leave cap pretty loose so air can get in and see if it still quits....

with that much broken parts the flywheel shear pin may be partly bad...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 11:49:02 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

Why would you expect anything different?

gas cap vent might be blocked, creating a vacuumn on the tank, leave cap pretty loose so air can get in and see if it still quits....

with that much broken parts the flywheel shear pin may be partly bad...

My comment still stands: Why would you expect anything different?

In place tell us how a flywheel shear pin matters?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/14, 8:44 PM, mike wrote:
I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

If it's related, maybe interlock wiring was pinched during the repair.

It may not be related. My mower would "run out of gas" after ten
minutes of heavy cutting. The valves in the fuel pump had gotten limp.
Without adequate pressure in the fuel line, I'd get vapor lock.

If it will run indefinitely without the blade engaged (cooler engine),
maybe it's the fuel pump.