DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Craftsman riding mower wont stay running (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/372010-craftsman-riding-mower-wont-stay-running.html)

mike[_24_] June 22nd 14 01:44 AM

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

[email protected] June 22nd 14 05:06 AM

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

Check the vent hole on the gas filler cap
Mark

Oren[_2_] June 22nd 14 07:34 PM

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 00:44:01 +0000, mike
wrote:

I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

Why would you expect anything different?

bob haller June 22nd 14 07:49 PM

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

Why would you expect anything different?

gas cap vent might be blocked, creating a vacuumn on the tank, leave cap pretty loose so air can get in and see if it still quits....

with that much broken parts the flywheel shear pin may be partly bad...

Oren[_2_] June 22nd 14 08:04 PM

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 11:49:02 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

Why would you expect anything different?

gas cap vent might be blocked, creating a vacuumn on the tank, leave cap pretty loose so air can get in and see if it still quits....

with that much broken parts the flywheel shear pin may be partly bad...

My comment still stands: Why would you expect anything different?

In place tell us how a flywheel shear pin matters?

J Burns June 22nd 14 08:35 PM

On 6/21/14, 8:44 PM, mike wrote:
I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

If it's related, maybe interlock wiring was pinched during the repair.

It may not be related. My mower would "run out of gas" after ten
minutes of heavy cutting. The valves in the fuel pump had gotten limp.
Without adequate pressure in the fuel line, I'd get vapor lock.

If it will run indefinitely without the blade engaged (cooler engine),
maybe it's the fuel pump.