Joe Bott

Default Lawnmower - Wont stay running

Hello! I have a Craftsman lawnmower (model 38883:
http://tinyurl.com/ds48p) that has suddenly decided that it doesnt want
to cut our grass. It will start, run for a second or two, and then
sputter out. It does this on the first pull, as long as I prime it after
every attempt.

So, my guess is that the fuel line is clogged. The problem with that
theory is that, as far as I can see, there is no fuel line. Also, the
lawnmower is only a couple months old, and has been used maybe 5 times,
so it's not like I could have gas leftover from last year gunking it up
or something.

So, does anyone else have any ideas? Anyone know anything specific about
this model who can offer tips on de-gunking it if necessary? I may just
take off the carb and see if I can access where it is sucking gas from,
but if anyone has a beter idea I'd be gad to hear it. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks,
Joe
Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe Bott" wrote in message

Also, the lawnmower is only a couple months old, and has been used maybe
5 times,

So then who care what the problem is. That is the purpose of buying new
products with warranties. The store will fix it for free.

id take off the fuel bowl on carb, wash it out and clean out the passage
in the bowl nut by blowing it out ,if its really plugged push a small
tag wire thru it. lucas

If it's off warranty, you might want to try a thimbul full of GUMOUT.

phil

Terry Cox

We got it working-well my husband did. He removed the carburetor and
cleaned with carburetor cleaner and put it back. It starts up and
stays running now. I am so happy because we only paid $35 for it at a
yard sale yesterday. We took a risk buying it without knowing if it
would work or not, but it paid off. Thanks to everyone for your
advice.

--
Terry Cox
Terry Cox's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=111

Sorta off topic: F150 running boards Koz Metalworking 8 April 19th 05 05:24 PM
Honda Lawnmower Problem [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 19th 05 02:12 AM
lawnmower problem - Part II ProdigySBC_SUX Home Repair 7 March 22nd 05 11:10 PM
Garage Door Wont Stay Up Steve UK diy 12 February 24th 05 05:22 PM
Sawstop Cabinet Saw running great Tom Woodworking 10 January 30th 05 04:14 AM