Joe Bott

Default Lawnmower - Wont stay running

Hello! I have a Craftsman lawnmower (model 38883:
http://tinyurl.com/ds48p) that has suddenly decided that it doesnt want
to cut our grass. It will start, run for a second or two, and then
sputter out. It does this on the first pull, as long as I prime it after
every attempt.

So, my guess is that the fuel line is clogged. The problem with that
theory is that, as far as I can see, there is no fuel line. Also, the
lawnmower is only a couple months old, and has been used maybe 5 times,
so it's not like I could have gas leftover from last year gunking it up
or something.

So, does anyone else have any ideas? Anyone know anything specific about
this model who can offer tips on de-gunking it if necessary? I may just
take off the carb and see if I can access where it is sucking gas from,
but if anyone has a beter idea I'd be gad to hear it. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks,
Joe