Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Craftsman riding mower wont stay running

On 6/21/14, 8:44 PM, mike wrote:
I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but
after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start
until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and pulley and once I
replaced them this started

If it's related, maybe interlock wiring was pinched during the repair.

It may not be related. My mower would "run out of gas" after ten
minutes of heavy cutting. The valves in the fuel pump had gotten limp.
Without adequate pressure in the fuel line, I'd get vapor lock.

If it will run indefinitely without the blade engaged (cooler engine),
maybe it's the fuel pump.