Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HF compressor troubleshooting (solution)

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/10/2014 9:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

After a couple phone calls to friends, I finally
find the problem which is.....

how many others had the same thing?

In this case, the drain valve on bottom had
gotten open most of a turn, and was leaking
air. Once I figured that out, closed the
valve and the unit runs perfectly again.

Drained mine and found it really needed it. I leave my drain on the
external regulator slightly open, so it automatically drains and releases
all the pressure when I turn the compressor off. I can hear the hiss when
compressor is off.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/10/2014 9:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

After a couple phone calls to friends, I finally
find the problem which is.....

how many others had the same thing?

In this case, the drain valve on bottom had
gotten open most of a turn, and was leaking
air. Once I figured that out, closed the
valve and the unit runs perfectly again.

Drained mine and found it really needed it. I leave my drain on the
external regulator slightly open, so it automatically drains and
releases all the pressure when I turn the compressor off. I can hear
the hiss when compressor is off.

WHY do you do that????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2014 11:49 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
In this case, the drain valve on bottom had
gotten open most of a turn, and was leaking
air. Once I figured that out, closed the
valve and the unit runs perfectly again.

Hmm,
Some one(may be you) drained the tank and forgot to close it?
Do you have memory lapse problem lately?, LOL!

Memory problems. Like forgetting that the
compressor "rides with me in the van" and
gets roughly thrown in, and tumbled around
when I hit the brakes? That kind of memory?
Some people don't have reading comprehension.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/11/2014 11:49 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
In this case, the drain valve on bottom had
gotten open most of a turn, and was leaking
air. Once I figured that out, closed the
valve and the unit runs perfectly again.

Hmm,
Some one(may be you) drained the tank and forgot to close it?
Do you have memory lapse problem lately?, LOL!

Memory problems. Like forgetting that the
compressor "rides with me in the van" and
gets roughly thrown in, and tumbled around
when I hit the brakes? That kind of memory?
Some people don't have reading comprehension.

I'm on my second HF tire inflator. It's about had it. It's the one with the
dial. The hose is cracking, and the dial has the internal paper back that's
bending almost hitting the pointer. Should I buy another ? So handy when it
works.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2014 3:09 AM, gregz wrote:
I'm on my second HF tire inflator. It's about had it. It's the one with the
dial. The hose is cracking, and the dial has the internal paper back that's
bending almost hitting the pointer. Should I buy another ? So handy when it
works.

Greg

Sounds like you got plenty of use and value.
I'd watch for sales, and then use a 20% coupon.
Yes, buy another.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:09:17 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/11/2014 11:49 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
In this case, the drain valve on bottom had
gotten open most of a turn, and was leaking
air. Once I figured that out, closed the
valve and the unit runs perfectly again.

Hmm,
Some one(may be you) drained the tank and forgot to close it?
Do you have memory lapse problem lately?, LOL!

Memory problems. Like forgetting that the
compressor "rides with me in the van" and
gets roughly thrown in, and tumbled around
when I hit the brakes? That kind of memory?
Some people don't have reading comprehension.

I'm on my second HF tire inflator. It's about had it. It's the one with the
dial. The hose is cracking, and the dial has the internal paper back that's
bending almost hitting the pointer. Should I buy another ? So handy when it
works.

Greg

For less than the price of 3, you could have purchaced a good one
that would still be working 10 years from now (assuming there is still
a good one available in your market)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:21:57 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 6/13/2014 3:09 AM, gregz wrote:
I'm on my second HF tire inflator. It's about had it. It's the one with the
dial. The hose is cracking, and the dial has the internal paper back that's
bending almost hitting the pointer. Should I buy another ? So handy when it
works.

Greg

Sounds like you got plenty of use and value.
I'd watch for sales, and then use a 20% coupon.
Yes, buy another.

He's on his second in how many years??? May or may not have gotten
value for his money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HF compressor troubleshooting and repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 19:11:25 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

My first car was a 1970 Chevrolet Nova. Yours?

A '53 Chevy I bought for $10. I put a new generator, regulator and a
6 volt battery in it. Ran great. The tires held air. In those days
you could drive alone during the day at age 14, at night with a
licensed driver aged 16.

Geez and I thought I was older fossil then you... I've always lived in the
North so they got a clamp on everything. Used to drive farm tractors,
backhoes, etc but no speed to them. I am like a dog, the wind whistling past
me deaf ears.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/13/2014 3:09 AM, gregz wrote:
I'm on my second HF tire inflator. It's about had it. It's the one with the
dial. The hose is cracking, and the dial has the internal paper back that's
bending almost hitting the pointer. Should I buy another ? So handy when it
works.

Greg

Sounds like you got plenty of use and value.
I'd watch for sales, and then use a 20% coupon.
Yes, buy another.

He's on his second in how many years??? May or may not have gotten
value for his money.

I think I've got 3-4 years out of one.

I probably bought a HF air hose. It's orange. Holdin up, but the HF
fittings are just ok. The orange hose is attached to my blue hose. I bought
the blue hose at pace warehouse back in the 80s.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/13/2014 3:09 AM, gregz wrote:
I'm on my second HF tire inflator. It's about had it. It's the one with the
dial. The hose is cracking, and the dial has the internal paper back that's
bending almost hitting the pointer. Should I buy another ? So handy when it
works.

Greg

Sounds like you got plenty of use and value.
I'd watch for sales, and then use a 20% coupon.
Yes, buy another.

He's on his second in how many years??? May or may not have gotten
value for his money.

I think I've got 3-4 years out of one.

I probably bought a HF air hose. It's orange. Holdin up, but the HF
fittings are just ok. The orange hose is attached to my blue hose. I bought
the blue hose at pace warehouse back in the 80s.

Greg

I just remembered I had bought the other model inflator with different end
piece. Still unused. Here is the other......

http://t.harborfreight.com/http-www-...8270-html.html

Greg