Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Two Las Vegas policemen shot/killed by formerly law-abiding gun owners

“This is the start of a revolution”

Said one of the shooters as she shot one cop in the back of his head.

Yes, the revolution has started - hasn't it?

But will it be televised?

Will it be brought to you by Xerox in 4 parts without commercial
interruptions?

Will it go better with Coke? Will it put you in the driver's seat?

----

The shooters were a married couple thought to be in their
late 20s who were new to the Las Vegas Valley.
Jared, and Amanda.

I'm sure they were responsible and law abiding gun owners, right up to
the millisecond they pulled the trigger.

Amerika.

Sliding down the toilet, guns blazing.

---------------------------------------

Two Las Vegas police officers were killed Sunday in what appears to be a
politically motivated ambush in a pizza restaurant that spilled over to
a nearby Wal-Mart, where the two shooters committed suicide after
killing a woman in the store.

Details are sketchy, but Metropolitan Police Department sources close to
the investigation say the shooters shouted that “this is the start of a
revolution” before opening fire on the officers, and draped their bodies
with cloth showing a Revolutionary War-era flag. Investigators have also
found paraphernalia associated with white supremacists.

Sunday night, Metro homicide investigators and FBI agents cordoned off
and were searching a small apartment complex at 110 S. Bruce St., about
four miles from the shooting scene. A resident of the complex said he
had spoken with a man who lived in the apartment being searched. He said
the man appeared “militant,” and often talked about conspiracy theories.

An explosion was heard at the apartment complex at about 9:30 p.m., but
no information was immediately available Sunday night.

Sheriff Doug Gillespie said officers Alyn Beck, 41, and Igor Soldo, 31,
were shot while they ate lunch at CiCi’s Pizza, 309 N. Nellis Blvd., at
about 11:20 a.m. Sunday. In a late afternoon news conference he said no
motive for the attack has been determined.

“It’s a tragic day,” the sheriff said. “We have lost two officers with
young families.”

Beck was a senior patrol officer who had taught Advanced Officer Skills
Training and at the Metro academy. He was hired by Metro in 2001 and had
a wife and three children.

Soldo has been a Metro officer since 2006 and had a wife and baby. Both
were uniform patrol officers assigned to the Northeast Area Command.

THE ATTACK

A law enforcement official who has been briefed on the incident said an
officer — unconfirmed reports indicate it was Soldo — was refilling a
soft drink when the female shooter approached him from behind and shot
him in the head, killing him instantly.

The woman then shot the other officer several times as he drew his
pistol. Gillespie said the officer was able to return fire but it was
unclear if he hit anyone.

One officer was reported dead at the scene, while the other died later
in surgery at University Medical Center.

Witnesses told police one of the shooters yelled “This is the start of a
revolution” before shooting the officers. Gillespie later said he could
not confirm that.

The shooters then stripped the officers of their weapons and ammunition
and badges, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of
the investigation. They then covered the officers with something that
featured the Gadsden flag, a yellow banner with a coiled snake above the
words, “Don’t tread on Me.”

The flag is named for Christopher Gadsden a Revolutionary War general
who designed it. It has recently come back in vogue as an adopted symbol
of the American tea party movement.

The shooters left the pizza parlor and headed into the Wal-Mart across
the street at 201 North Nellis. Witnesses at the scene reported hearing
shots fired in quick succession inside the Wal-Mart.

At a news conference at about 1 p.m. Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill
said the male shooter, described as a tall white man, yelled “everyone
get out” before shooting.

One unconfirmed report is that the two exchanged gunfire with a citizen
who was carrying a concealed weapon, and that one of the shooters was
injured.

A woman was shot and killed just inside the front doors of the Wal-Mart.
Her name has not yet been released.

As Metro officers entered the front and back doors of the store they
exchanged gunfire with the shooters, Gillespie said.

The female shooter then shot her accomplice at least once before
shooting herself in the head, a law enforcement official said. The
wounded man then shot and killed himself. Their identities have not been
released by police.

Both shooters were reportedly carrying large duffle bags, and a bomb
squad was called to the scene. It’s unclear what, if anything, was found
in the bags. A fire department official said the bomb squad response was
“a precaution.”

Hector Garcia was shopping in Wal-Mart’s arts and crafts aisle toward
the back of the store when he encountered a man brandishing a gun. He
looked like he was in his 20s, was wearing camouflage and had a duffle
bag draped over his shoulder.

He said the shooter appeared calm when he pointed the gun at him and
said, “Don’t run.” The gunman, Garcia said, continued walking to the
back of the store. Garcia said that store employees were evacuating
customers through the back of the store.

After the gunman walked out of sight, Garcia walked out of the store.
Garcia said he was shaken up and couldn’t remember what kind of gun the
man carried.

THE SHOOTERS

The shooters were a married couple thought to be in their late 20s who
were new to the Las Vegas Valley, according to a law enforcement
official close to the investigation. Police are looking into their links
to the white supremacy movement and found swastika symbols during their
initial investigation.

Residents of the Bruce Street apartment complex gathered outside the
building to talk about the couple whose unit was being searched.

Several neighbors identified the man as Jared, while one called the
woman Amanda.

Like many of the neighbors contacted, Krista Koch said she didn’t know
the couple’s last names. She described them as “militant.” They talked
about planning to kill police officers, “going underground” and not
coming out until the time was right to kill.

Brandon Monroe, 22, has lived in the complex for about two weeks. He
said the man who lived in the apartment that was being searched often
rambled about conspiracy theories. He often wore camouflage or dressed
as Peter Pan to work as a Fremont Street Experience street performer. A
woman lived with him, Monroe said, but he didn’t see her as often.

They were weird people, Monroe said, adding that he thought the couple
used methamphetamine.

“The man told Monroe he had been kicked off Cliven Bundy’s ranch 80
miles northeast of Las Vegas while people from throughout the U.S.
gathered there in protest of a Bureau of Land Management roundup of
Bundy’s cattle.” Jessica Anderson, 27, said. She lived next door.

Reached Sunday, the rancher’s wife, Carol Bundy, said the shooting and
the April standoff against the federal government were not linked.

“I have not seen or heard anything from the militia and others who have
came to our ranch that would, in any way, make me think they had an
intent to kill or harm anyone,” Carol Bundy said.

Las Vegas police have not said whether they believe the attack was more
than an isolated incident, but the department asked for any available
off-duty officers to work Sunday afternoon.

Patrol squads were doubling up so each officer would have a partner,
sources said. Metro officers usually patrol solo, but Gillespie said
they would continue to ride with partners in the coming days while the
investigation continues.

“It’s a very, very difficult day,” Gillespie said, “but we still have a
community to police, and we still have a community to protect.”

FBI officials would say little about their involvement in the
investigation.

“We will not comment on specifics at this time,” FBI spokeswoman Bridget
Pappas said. “The FBI is working closely with LVMPD and our law
enforcement partners to determine the facts of this tragic incident.”

A WAR ZONE

Late into the afternoon dozens of bystanders were standing outside
police tape, watching the investigation. Wal-Mart employees and shoppers
cried and hugged before police took them to be interviewed in a nearby
store. After talking with witnesses, officers took them to one of
several buses waiting in the parking lot.

A grandmother who was shopping in Wal-Mart with her two teenage
granddaughters said they crouched in a makeup aisle when they heard
shots. She prayed out loud, but the girls asked her to keep quiet so the
shooters wouldn’t find them.

When they peeked around the aisle and couldn’t see the shooters, they
ran out of the store.

Marlene Buck works at the Denny’s on Nellis across from Wal-Mart. She
said she was impressed with Metro’s quick response.

“It took less than fifteen minutes,” she said.

As police patrol cars cordoned off the street, Buck said restaurant
customers crowded against the windows and started to rush outside.

“I did everything I could to keep everyone inside,” she said, adding it
looked like a war zone and making a machine-gun gesture with her hands.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default **It's the second helicopter-aided inmate escape in Quebec province in two years

"HomeGuy" Home@Guy.com wrote in message

LOL! Wonderful security in Canada...what a Joke.

MONTREAL - Three inmates have escaped from a detention center in Quebec
City with the help of a helicopter, police said late Saturday.

**It's the second helicopter-aided inmate escape in Quebec province in two
years.**

Provincial police said the helicopter headed west from the Orsainville
Detention Center after the escape.

"We (are working with) a few partners like the airports of Quebec City and
surrounding areas, the military bases, and of course there's a ground
search in the event that the helicopter is located," said police
spokeswoman Audrey-Anne Bilodeau.

Police identified the inmates on Twitter as Yves Denis, Denis Lefebvre and
Serge Pomerleau and told anyone who sees them to not approach them and
immediately contact police.

They were being held at the detention center waiting to stand trial. In
March of last year, a helicopter pilot was forced at gunpoint to pluck two
inmates from the St-Jerome prison on a quiet Sunday afternoon. Two inmates
climbed up a rope ladder into the hovering helicopter and fled.

Police caught the two escapees and the two suspects who hijacked the
helicopter within a few hours of the escape.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 9, 2014 2:31:16 PM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
[...]

Bufford T, way to go! Long live the truth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:07:53 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Bufford T, way to go! Long live the truth!

Canada has a strange legal system. ~ 1989, we had a prisoner that we
transferred back to Canada. He had a death penalty sentence or life
sentence in Idaho for murder, IIRC. The transfer took place at
FCI-Raybrook, NY. A delegation from the Canadian Consulate came with
prison officials to make the transfer. The prison officials were
caught at the Canadian border smuggling cigarettes in the bus cargo
hold. Canada was to release the prison back into the community, for
"time served". I can't say if they gave him chocolate and hugged him
three times a day or not. I wasn't there. But they sometimes act like
the UK in prisoner treatment.

I'd be curious if these escapees were trying get away from all the
chocolate treats, hugging and gentile treatment?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bufford T, way to go! Long live the truth!

Canada has a strange legal system. ~ 1989, we had a prisoner that we
transferred back to Canada. He had a death penalty sentence or life
sentence in Idaho for murder, IIRC. The transfer took place at
FCI-Raybrook, NY. A delegation from the Canadian Consulate came with
prison officials to make the transfer. The prison officials were
caught at the Canadian border smuggling cigarettes in the bus cargo
hold. Canada was to release the prison back into the community, for
"time served". I can't say if they gave him chocolate and hugged him
three times a day or not. I wasn't there. But they sometimes act like
the UK in prisoner treatment.

I'd be curious if these escapees were trying get away from all the
chocolate treats, hugging and gentile treatment?

I'm curious. I've found the case of Wolfgang Droege, arrested in 1985
in Huntsville AL when a federal agent found a teflon dagger and 4 ounces
of cocaine when he got of an airplane. He was sentenced to 13 years but
deported to Canada in 1989.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 17:51:32 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

I'm curious. I've found the case of Wolfgang Droege, arrested in 1985
in Huntsville AL when a federal agent found a teflon dagger and 4 ounces
of cocaine when he got of an airplane. He was sentenced to 13 years but
deported to Canada in 1989.

What are you curious about; a plastic weapon or pure cocaine? I'm not
familiar with that case, though.

President Ronald Reagan appointed George H. W. Bush to run the new
South Florida Drug Task Force (international drug smuggling). Jails
and prisons started filling up, new staff hired in record numbers,
Federal Bureau of Prison population and facilities started to double
so maybe deportation was in order.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post
Two Las Vegas police officers were killed Sunday in what appears to be a
politically motivated ambush in a pizza restaurant that spilled over to
a nearby Wal-Mart, where the two shooters committed suicide after
killing a woman in the store.
Maybe we shouldn't tell them about that Borque guy in Moncton, New Brunswick who shot 5 mounties, killing three of them and injuring two more.

(In Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are referred to as "mounties".)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm curious. I've found the case of Wolfgang Droege, arrested in 1985
in Huntsville AL when a federal agent found a teflon dagger and 4 ounces
of cocaine when he got of an airplane. He was sentenced to 13 years but
deported to Canada in 1989.

What are you curious about; a plastic weapon or pure cocaine? I'm not
familiar with that case, though.

President Ronald Reagan appointed George H. W. Bush to run the new
South Florida Drug Task Force (international drug smuggling). Jails
and prisons started filling up, new staff hired in record numbers,
Federal Bureau of Prison population and facilities started to double
so maybe deportation was in order.

I was trying to find the case you recalled. You weren't sure if the
sentence was life or death. That could make a big difference. If he'd
already served a good portion of a life sentence, perhaps federal
authorities were paroling him, and in his case that entailed deportation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:20:12 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

I was trying to find the case you recalled. You weren't sure if the
sentence was life or death. That could make a big difference. If he'd
already served a good portion of a life sentence, perhaps federal
authorities were paroling him, and in his case that entailed deportation.

You make a good point (been a long time since '89). I'm thinking he
was a state prisoner, turned over to federal custody for deportation.
States cannot deport a person over international boundaries (best as I
can recall). They do not have that authority. It would involve,
perhaps, even the state department to do so. The case I mentioned was
a murder case committed by a Canadian citizen. In a federal murder
case, the crime would have to be on federal lands.

We can't get a Canadian XL pipeline without State Dept. approval.