Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default **It's the second helicopter-aided inmate escape in Quebec province in two years

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:20:12 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

I was trying to find the case you recalled. You weren't sure if the
sentence was life or death. That could make a big difference. If he'd
already served a good portion of a life sentence, perhaps federal
authorities were paroling him, and in his case that entailed deportation.

You make a good point (been a long time since '89). I'm thinking he
was a state prisoner, turned over to federal custody for deportation.
States cannot deport a person over international boundaries (best as I
can recall). They do not have that authority. It would involve,
perhaps, even the state department to do so. The case I mentioned was
a murder case committed by a Canadian citizen. In a federal murder
case, the crime would have to be on federal lands.

We can't get a Canadian XL pipeline without State Dept. approval.