Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I beat the rain!

I have had a small leak on the roof over the front porch. I found that
there is one spot where I have to apply a bit of "Snow Roof". It works
fine but needs to be re-applied once a year.

Of course I never remember to until it starts to leak...and once rainy
season hits I have to put up with the leak for months waiting for the
seasonal rains to stop and for the area to thoroughly dry out.

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 01:14:37 -0500, philo* wrote:

I have had a small leak on the roof over the front porch. I found that
there is one spot where I have to apply a bit of "Snow Roof". It works
fine but needs to be re-applied once a year.

Of course I never remember to until it starts to leak...and once rainy
season hits I have to put up with the leak for months waiting for the
seasonal rains to stop and for the area to thoroughly dry out.

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!

Congratulations.

Be careful you're not arrested as a rain beater.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/02/2014 05:36 PM, micky wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 01:14:37 -0500, philo wrote:

I have had a small leak on the roof over the front porch. I found that
there is one spot where I have to apply a bit of "Snow Roof". It works
fine but needs to be re-applied once a year.

Of course I never remember to until it starts to leak...and once rainy
season hits I have to put up with the leak for months waiting for the
seasonal rains to stop and for the area to thoroughly dry out.

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!

Congratulations.

Be careful you're not arrested as a rain beater.

It gets worse:

I even cut the grass this year before I got a citation from the city
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 18:36:25 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 06/02/2014 05:36 PM, micky wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 01:14:37 -0500, philo wrote:

I have had a small leak on the roof over the front porch. I found that
there is one spot where I have to apply a bit of "Snow Roof". It works
fine but needs to be re-applied once a year.

Of course I never remember to until it starts to leak...and once rainy
season hits I have to put up with the leak for months waiting for the
seasonal rains to stop and for the area to thoroughly dry out.

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!

Congratulations.

Be careful you're not arrested as a rain beater.

It gets worse:

I even cut the grass this year before I got a citation from the city

I was cited once by the boy scouts, for exemplary conduct.

Maybe someday you'll get a citation too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

[...]

For speeding!

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I have had a small leak on the roof over the front porch. I found that
there is one spot where I have to apply a bit of "Snow Roof". It works
fine but needs to be re-applied once a year.

Of course I never remember to until it starts to leak...and once rainy
season hits I have to put up with the leak for months waiting for the
seasonal rains to stop and for the area to thoroughly dry out.

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!

IDK Philo you are not fulfilling the manta of AHR. You were proactive. Don't
you know this is to be avoided at all costs? You got all caulked up.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/03/2014 06:17 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!

IDK Philo you are not fulfilling the manta of AHR. You were proactive. Don't
you know this is to be avoided at all costs? You got all caulked up.

That's OK, I still have projects that I'm behind on.

I finally called an electrician to get an estimate on upgrading my 100
amp service to 200 amps. Should have done that ten years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 06/03/2014 06:17 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

For whatever reason I got out there yesterday morning and got the job
done. I beat the rain by about 8 hours this year!

IDK Philo you are not fulfilling the manta of AHR. You were proactive. Don't
you know this is to be avoided at all costs? You got all caulked up.

That's OK, I still have projects that I'm behind on.

I finally called an electrician to get an estimate on upgrading my 100
amp service to 200 amps. Should have done that ten years ago.

You are putting a rush on things...

--
Tekkie

Rain, rain go away. Water in basement cln Home Repair 9 December 16th 11 04:59 PM
Can't beat Amish craftsmanship! HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 97 February 27th 09 03:07 PM
It's got me beat ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 58 January 15th 09 10:27 AM
Beat the burglar. Weatherlawyer UK diy 5 September 23rd 05 12:23 AM
Beat to death... Ramsey Woodworking 5 September 5th 03 06:59 PM