Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT- Pills

If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:44:08 -0400, "Jerry"
wrote:

If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

What does the doctor say?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:01:34 -0700, Todd wrote:

You should avoid using drugs long term. In the
short term, they can be very valuable. In the
long term, go find an Herbalist. My 2 cents

Dr. Reefer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:41 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:01:34 -0700, Todd wrote:

You should avoid using drugs long term. In the
short term, they can be very valuable. In the
long term, go find an Herbalist. My 2 cents

Dr. Reefer?

Hi Oren,

That is a first! I hate all drugs.

I am a DRUG FREE T2 diabetic. And, super ****ed
at Big Med / Big Pharma / Big Government / Big Ag
for both causing it (no such thing as a "healthy
carbohydrate") and prolonging peoples suffering
by withholding information. Corrupt Ass Holes!

And, yes, I do know the traditional medicine
(herbs) for T2 Diabetis. Had to find out the
hard way. Part of why I am so ****ed. I
took their idiot drugs until I just had had
it. Did I mention, Corrupt Ass Holes?

And I'd better shut up here. This is not the forum
for raging against medical corruption.

-T

Hi,
Chromium, Vanadyl, Cinnamon, Korean Red ginseng,etc. for T2 diabetic?
I know a T2 diabetic person almost lost her kidneys
due to side effect coming from the med. Treating doctor
did not know about it. She was on the verge of emergency
dialysis before natural supplement saved her kidneys back
to normal. She is off the offending drug now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

Hi,
THat is mistake people often make.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 08:28 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it
out with multiple sources

Hi,
Every thing on-line is not all right and true.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2014 11:28 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

I know two people who have been nearly killed
by doctors (maybe three). As for me, I've gone
to the doc one time, and he made me worse instead
of better. I'd file suit if I could prove it, but
he'd show up in a white coat and lie about it.

To answer Jerry's question: yes.

What Jerry didn't ask, is that all pills are not
created equal. Some brands of the same medicine
work better than others.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2014 12:17 AM, Todd wrote:
1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it
out with multiple sources

I've heard from several people, the sleeping
pill Ambien is more trouble than it's worth.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2014 9:01 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 05:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Hi Jerry,

Yes. Or if you cut a 250 mg pill in half, he will get
125 mg, presuming the chemical in question is
homogeneous throughout the pill.

You should avoid using drugs long term. In the
short term, they can be very valuable. In the
long term, go find an Herbalist. My 2 cents

-T

That's a crock! There are lots of drugs that are life sustaining! Good
grief! I can't believe you made such a sweeping statement. There are
also loads of problems caused by overprescribing. And there are herbs
and supplements that can cause problems; too much vitamin C can affect
blood clotting.

Key to pharmaceutical drug use is knowing one's condition and knowing
the pharmacology of whatever drugs are being taken.

Yes, 250mg plus 250mg is 500mg. If it is a Rx, shouldn't be doubled
unless the doc says okay. And cutting some "pills" might be
contraindicated, as they may be timed release.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2014 8:39 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No, that's not something I'd write.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2014 7:09 AM, Norminn wrote:
On 3/14/2014 9:01 PM, Todd wrote:
[...]

I take a lot of medications and a couple of them are Lasix and rat
poison. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Todd, what are you taking for diabetes? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 08:28 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it
out with multiple sources

Hi,
Every thing on-line is not all right and true.

BS. They can't put anything in the internet that isn't true.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2014 08:56 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 08:28 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it
out with multiple sources

Hi,
Every thing on-line is not all right and true.

BS. They can't put anything in the internet that isn't true.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

Notice: I did not tell anyone not to take their doctor prescribed
meds...but I did say to do your own research.

One good way to do so is simply get the monograph from the manufacturer
itself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerry,

If you take 2 pills containing 250 mg of active ingredient then you have
taken 500 mg of active ingredient.
The inactive ingredients may be important though. So be sure that these
are the same type of pills.Some pills are gel caps, some are slow release,
some are enteric coated, some are chewable or designed for quick absorbtion,
et c.
Don't expect 2 slow release 250 mg pills to have the same effect as a
500mg fast release pill.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jerry" wrote in message
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Not always.

Some pills are coated to regulate the rate they dissolve.
So taking two pills instead of one gives a faster rate of dissolving.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 08:28 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it
out with multiple sources

Hi,
Every thing on-line is not all right and true.

BS. They can't put anything in the internet that isn't true.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

Notice: I did not tell anyone not to take their doctor prescribed
meds...but I did say to do your own research.

One good way to do so is simply get the monograph from the manufacturer itself.

First, I don't know why you responded to my post.

Second, I sure hope you didn't think my post was serious. If you did,
please, please click on the link.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David L. Martel" wrote:
Jerry,

If you take 2 pills containing 250 mg of active ingredient then you have
taken 500 mg of active ingredient.
The inactive ingredients may be important though. So be sure that these
are the same type of pills.Some pills are gel caps, some are slow release,
some are enteric coated, some are chewable or designed for quick absorbtion,
et c.
Don't expect 2 slow release 250 mg pills to have the same effect as a
500mg fast release pill.

Dave M.

I as looking at some OTC pills. The 250 mg were much more expensive per
dose (250 mg) than the 125 mg version of the same pill, from the same
manufacturer. Every ingredient was the same, just half as much in the 125
mg version.

Being curious, and having way too much time on my hands, I decided to ask
the pharmacist why anyone would pay so much more for the 250 mg version.
His answer: "Well, you have to take 2 of the 125 mg version instead of just
1. Some people don't like to do that."

Really?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Todd wrote:
[...]

yes...I know you were joking

but I realized I had better get serious for a moment
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Yes, 250mg plus 250mg is 500mg. If it is a Rx, shouldn't be doubled
unless the doc says okay. And cutting some "pills" might be
contraindicated, as they may be timed release.

I take a lot of medications and a couple of them are Lasix and rat
poison. ^_^

TDD

Lasix, alone, has probably added 10 years to the life expectancy in the
US ;o)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Derby,

If it's from the same manufacturer, looks the same, et c. then It's
probably ok to double up on the lower dose. Being smart, you asked the
pharmacist.so you know it's ok.

His answer: "Well, you have to take 2 of the 125 mg version instead of
just
1. Some people don't like to do that."

Really?

Yes, really.