Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT- Pills

If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:44:08 -0400, "Jerry"
wrote:

If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

What does the doctor say?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

Hi,
THat is mistake people often make.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2014 11:28 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them.
If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right,
you have the right to question him or her.

I know two people who have been nearly killed
by doctors (maybe three). As for me, I've gone
to the doc one time, and he made me worse instead
of better. I'd file suit if I could prove it, but
he'd show up in a white coat and lie about it.

To answer Jerry's question: yes.

What Jerry didn't ask, is that all pills are not
created equal. Some brands of the same medicine
work better than others.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerry,

If you take 2 pills containing 250 mg of active ingredient then you have
taken 500 mg of active ingredient.
The inactive ingredients may be important though. So be sure that these
are the same type of pills.Some pills are gel caps, some are slow release,
some are enteric coated, some are chewable or designed for quick absorbtion,
et c.
Don't expect 2 slow release 250 mg pills to have the same effect as a
500mg fast release pill.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David L. Martel" wrote:
Jerry,

If you take 2 pills containing 250 mg of active ingredient then you have
taken 500 mg of active ingredient.
The inactive ingredients may be important though. So be sure that these
are the same type of pills.Some pills are gel caps, some are slow release,
some are enteric coated, some are chewable or designed for quick absorbtion,
et c.
Don't expect 2 slow release 250 mg pills to have the same effect as a
500mg fast release pill.

Dave M.

I as looking at some OTC pills. The 250 mg were much more expensive per
dose (250 mg) than the 125 mg version of the same pill, from the same
manufacturer. Every ingredient was the same, just half as much in the 125
mg version.

Being curious, and having way too much time on my hands, I decided to ask
the pharmacist why anyone would pay so much more for the 250 mg version.
His answer: "Well, you have to take 2 of the 125 mg version instead of just
1. Some people don't like to do that."

Really?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Derby,

If it's from the same manufacturer, looks the same, et c. then It's
probably ok to double up on the lower dose. Being smart, you asked the
pharmacist.so you know it's ok.

His answer: "Well, you have to take 2 of the 125 mg version instead of
just
1. Some people don't like to do that."

Really?

Yes, really.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jerry" wrote in message
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Not always.

Some pills are coated to regulate the rate they dissolve.
So taking two pills instead of one gives a faster rate of dissolving.