Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT- Pills

On 3/14/2014 9:01 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/14/2014 05:44 PM, Jerry wrote:
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as
taking one 500mg pill?

Hi Jerry,

Yes. Or if you cut a 250 mg pill in half, he will get
125 mg, presuming the chemical in question is
homogeneous throughout the pill.

You should avoid using drugs long term. In the
short term, they can be very valuable. In the
long term, go find an Herbalist. My 2 cents

-T

That's a crock! There are lots of drugs that are life sustaining! Good
grief! I can't believe you made such a sweeping statement. There are
also loads of problems caused by overprescribing. And there are herbs
and supplements that can cause problems; too much vitamin C can affect
blood clotting.

Key to pharmaceutical drug use is knowing one's condition and knowing
the pharmacology of whatever drugs are being taken.

Yes, 250mg plus 250mg is 500mg. If it is a Rx, shouldn't be doubled
unless the doc says okay. And cutting some "pills" might be
contraindicated, as they may be timed release.