Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Hats and bad manners. What's up

Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:53:49 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

Were they eating sandwiches with their fingers?

"An Army commander has banned the "barbaric" practice of officers and
soldiers eating with their hands in a three-page attack on appalling
standards he has noticed."

[...]

"The letter penned by Maj Gen Cowan, who is in charge of 20,000
soldiers and 2,500 officers in 3 UK Division, mostly based at Bulford,
also criticised poor grammar and writing, advising against the "wanton
use of capitals, abbreviations and acronyms" because they can leave
the reader exhausted."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10677230/Army-commander-bans-sandwiches-in-attack-on-barbaric-habits.html

Damn heathens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

We come from a different generation where manners mattered. I'm just
a couple of years younger than you but I was taught to remove my hat
when you go indoors. I still do. Yes, I have a bald head and I'm not
trying to hide it.

The trend of wearing the cap backwards seems to be on the wane though.
That was the most idiotic thing I've seen.

Oh, just as dumb looking are the knit pull over hats a lot of guys are
wearing. OK, they give good protection from the cold, but they look
really stupid while eating in a restaurant.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ed Pawlowski:
The trend of wearing the cap backwards seems to be on the wane though.
That was the most idiotic thing I've seen.

It does have function sometimes - although I'd say that 99.9% of the
people doing it do not need that function.

Going into a wind, the cap is much less likely to blow off if the bill
is backwards.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 1:12 AM, Oren wrote:
Were they eating sandwiches with their fingers?

"An Army commander has banned the "barbaric" practice of officers and
soldiers eating with their hands in a three-page attack on appalling
standards he has noticed."

[...]

"The letter penned by Maj Gen Cowan, who is in charge of 20,000
soldiers and 2,500 officers in 3 UK Division, mostly based at Bulford,
also criticised poor grammar and writing, advising against the "wanton
use of capitals, abbreviations and acronyms" because they can leave
the reader exhausted."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10677230/Army-commander-bans-sandwiches-in-attack-on-barbaric-habits.html

Damn heathens.

Bloody hell! What's next, farting in the
loo? Nothing like stepping in to take a
wee, and someone ripping off a ruddy good
corker in the stall next over.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:44:59 AM UTC-6, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Ed Pawlowski:

The trend of wearing the cap backwards seems to be on the wane though.

That was the most idiotic thing I've seen.

Going into a wind, the cap is much less likely to blow off if the bill

is backwards.

....and your neck won't get sunburn! "Rednecks" need not apply! {8¬)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

What about white gloves for church? White shoes after Labor Day?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2014 01:12 AM, Oren wrote:

Were they eating sandwiches with their fingers?

"An Army commander has banned the "barbaric" practice of officers and
soldiers eating with their hands in a three-page attack on appalling
standards he has noticed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10677230/Army-commander-bans-sandwiches-in-attack-on-barbaric-habits.html

Damn heathens.

ROFLMAO!

Seriously? Wearing an earring and a frou-frou on his hat? Pfffffffft!

And wasn't it the British military that used to take a "peg-boy" on their ships?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 9:00 AM, Norminn wrote:
On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with
baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

What about white gloves for church?
White shoes after Labor Day?

My church congregation has one elderly
negro lady who wears a white lace hat to
church. I've not seen her in a while, but
she does provide elegance and class and
charm to our church. I miss her.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:00:32 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

What about white gloves for church? White shoes after Labor Day?

What about wearing a jacket and tie, or a dress, to funerals? My
friend, who has somehow already been to several funerals for high school
classmates, says Blacks are the only ones who do that now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But
what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to
take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't
shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with
baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

We come from a different generation where manners mattered. I'm just
a couple of years younger than you but I was taught to remove my hat
when you go indoors. I still do. Yes, I have a bald head and I'm not
trying to hide it.

The trend of wearing the cap backwards seems to be on the wane though.
That was the most idiotic thing I've seen.

The baseball hat is known as the intelligence reducer in the UK.
As it is rotated towards the rear, the brain has the intelligence reduced.
@180 deg, intelligence= zero.
Secret weapon designed by the CIA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But
what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to
take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't
shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with
baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

Is is true Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Ditto. Guys walking into church wearing head gears, sun glasses at
dining table, etc. I don't care what they do in their home but when out....

Posted to alt.home.repair

When it is zero degrees out, it is amazing how a hat can help you feel warm.. Even indoors.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:54:22 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

My church congregation has one elderly
negro lady who wears a white lace hat to
church. I've not seen her in a while, but
she does provide elegance and class and
charm to our church. I miss her.

A few years back we stopped for lunch at a restaurant in Delaware. It
was on a Sunday afternoon. In walked a half dozen of the most elegant
black women I've ever seen. They were probably coming from church.
All plus sized, they had on these bright pastel dresses, yellow, blue,
pink, whatever, with matching hats. What a happy group of people!
They sure looked great.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2014 02:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A few years back we stopped for lunch at a restaurant in Delaware. It
was on a Sunday afternoon. In walked a half dozen of the most elegant
black women I've ever seen. They were probably coming from church.
All plus sized, they had on these bright pastel dresses, yellow, blue,
pink, whatever, with matching hats. What a happy group of people!
They sure looked great.

Personally, I don't care for fat chicks. Obese people smell.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What about white gloves for church?
White shoes after Labor Day?

My church congregation has one elderly
negro lady who wears a white lace hat to
church. I've not seen her in a while, but
she does provide elegance and class and
charm to our church. I miss her.

Had the misfortune to attend a funeral of a co-worker ~'78.

He had been shot point blank in cross fire, by a shotgun, in a local
bar.

The church was predominately Negro, if not entirely. IIRC correctly it
was a Baptist church. I made some interesting observations. The
service was really a celebration of life; not a mourning.

The ladies were dressed in hats, brightly colored dresses, gloves and
were dancing around - celebrating life.

I still think of Tim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered.
But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not
trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in
restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun
doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with
baseball caps. Unbelievable!

And who decides on what is "good mannered" anyway??

Can "good manners" change??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 15:05:34 -0500, 0ren 0ren@::1 wrote:

Personally, I don't care for fat chicks. Obese people smell.

Nobody even asked if you liked "fat chicks". STFU

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:53:49 PM UTC-7, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

Who gives a Red Rat's Ass as to who wears what? Geez, if I want to wear a cap or hat while in an eating establishment, I'll do it. Like it or lump it...it's my business.
===
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 16:52:57 -0000, "harryagain"
wrote:

Is is true Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant?

Citation please.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:58:02 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Ditto. Guys walking into church wearing head gears, sun glasses at
dining table, etc. I don't care what they do in their home but when out....

In the military is was required to remove a hat when entering a
building.

I've made prisoners; both remove their hat and sunglasses when I
addressed them, explaining the facts of life

--
I'm here to get your mind right
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 12:47:03 -0800 (PST), Roy
wrote:

Geez, if I want to wear a cap or hat while in an eating establishment, I'll do it. Like it or lump it...it's my business.

Yep. Molon labe.
--
I support a woman's right to choose whichever gun she wants
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 3:05 PM, 0ren wrote:
They sure looked great.

Personally, I don't care for fat chicks. Obese people smell.

Get off your high horse.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 4:35 PM, Oren wrote:

In the military is was required to remove a hat when entering a
building.

I've made prisoners; both remove their hat and sunglasses when I
addressed them, explaining the facts of life

Any one out there a good editor (or child of an
editor) who wishes to analyze the sentence right
above the one I'm writing? That's really interesting.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 10:22 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/8/2014 4:35 PM, Oren wrote:

In the military is was required to remove a hat when entering a
building.

I've made prisoners; both remove their hat and sunglasses when I
addressed them, explaining the facts of life

Any one out there a good editor (or child of an
editor) who wishes to analyze the sentence right
above the one I'm writing? That's really interesting.

Maybe the 'O' has been tipping a few?

Or maybe it's another 'O' clone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

Broad-brim hats (with sun glasses?) are rather goofy looking indoors.
My greatest peeves are tight shorts with suggestive sayings on them on
LITTLE GIRLS. After that, low rider jeans with fat gut hanging out.

As far as baseball hats go, there is really no handy place to park them
in a restaurant, although leaving it in a car would work. Don't bother
me at all, and three grandsons and one son go through a range of styles.
Good grooming makes the greatest difference, IMO.

Last week, went out for Chinese buffet, local restaurant. Technically
challenged old woman turned on her speaker phone, loud, to listen to her
messages. Forgiven, almost, due to advanced age.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 2:47:03 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:

Who gives a Red Rat's Ass as to who wears what? Geez, if I want to wear a cap or hat while in an eating establishment, I'll do it. Like it or lump it...it's my business.

I agree with Roy. If a person wearing a hat indoors offends your sensibilities, then you have one messed-up set of sensibilities. Get a life and let others have theirs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rOn Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:08:45 -0800 (PST), Nicholas Kriho
wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 2:47:03 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:

Who gives a Red Rat's Ass as to who wears what? Geez, if I want to wear a cap or hat while in an eating establishment, I'll do it. Like it or lump it...it's my business.

I agree with Roy. If a person wearing a hat indoors offends your sensibilities, then you have one messed-up set of sensibilities. Get a life and let others have theirs.

Maybe a little clarification is needed. Wearing at hat while in Home
Depot, McDonalds, or the line at the Post Office is not a big deal and
I'd not even notice. If I'm at a really nice restaurant, it would
show you are uncouth and lacking good manners.

I won't challenge your constitutional right to do so, but I may also
be forming a rather poor opinion of you. Don't show up in my office
the next day applying for a manager position because I'll pass right
over you. Apply for a job at the car wash, you may be considered.

Like it or not, that is the way our society works. You won't see
bankers, judges, doctors, wearing baseball caps while at work. We
form opinions and draw conclusions from first appearances.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But
what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to
take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't
shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with
baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

There are places in the food bar arena, that specify no hats.

Greg