Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT Hats and bad manners. What's up

On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

Broad-brim hats (with sun glasses?) are rather goofy looking indoors.
My greatest peeves are tight shorts with suggestive sayings on them on
LITTLE GIRLS. After that, low rider jeans with fat gut hanging out.

As far as baseball hats go, there is really no handy place to park them
in a restaurant, although leaving it in a car would work. Don't bother
me at all, and three grandsons and one son go through a range of styles.
Good grooming makes the greatest difference, IMO.

Last week, went out for Chinese buffet, local restaurant. Technically
challenged old woman turned on her speaker phone, loud, to listen to her
messages. Forgiven, almost, due to advanced age.