Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Hats and bad manners. What's up

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:53:49 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.

I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.

Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!

Ivan Vegvary

Were they eating sandwiches with their fingers?

"An Army commander has banned the "barbaric" practice of officers and
soldiers eating with their hands in a three-page attack on appalling
standards he has noticed."

[...]

"The letter penned by Maj Gen Cowan, who is in charge of 20,000
soldiers and 2,500 officers in 3 UK Division, mostly based at Bulford,
also criticised poor grammar and writing, advising against the "wanton
use of capitals, abbreviations and acronyms" because they can leave
the reader exhausted."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10677230/Army-commander-bans-sandwiches-in-attack-on-barbaric-habits.html

Damn heathens.