Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I have no water

On 2/10/2014 11:12 PM, gregz wrote:

I had the furnace fail 3 months ago.
Around 40 degrees inside. I should
have a sister living there soon.

Greg

Not many sisters will live in a 40
degree house. You have a real winner.
I hope you leave her a box of chocolates.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:

....snip...

Water company came. The outside valve is not frozen shut. I guess they are
going to TEAR up the street. Circles and arrows drawn. I can't believe it's
going to be digging time in this weather. 5 degrees tonight.

They recently replaced the gas main on my street. They started in October
and by the time they were finished there was snow on the ground. When they
packed up their equipment, I figured they were done for the season. I was
wrong.

They moved their stuff a few blocks away and have continued working through
all of the snow, ice, and sub-zero temperatures we've had this year.

It must suck when the first thing you need to do is deal with the pile of
snow that the plow put next to your equipment, assuming the plow even got
there before you started.