Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I have no water

gregz wrote:

....snip...

Water company came. The outside valve is not frozen shut. I guess they are
going to TEAR up the street. Circles and arrows drawn. I can't believe it's
going to be digging time in this weather. 5 degrees tonight.

They recently replaced the gas main on my street. They started in October
and by the time they were finished there was snow on the ground. When they
packed up their equipment, I figured they were done for the season. I was
wrong.

They moved their stuff a few blocks away and have continued working through
all of the snow, ice, and sub-zero temperatures we've had this year.

It must suck when the first thing you need to do is deal with the pile of
snow that the plow put next to your equipment, assuming the plow even got
there before you started.