Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neew Years Resolutions 2014

Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:52:46 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker

Lose 10 pounds

Clean house, throw otu clutter

More time studying scriptures

Save money and reduce debt load

refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list

Any more resolutions that come to mind

--

Shoot yourself in the head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:02:18 -0800 (PST), "Daring Dufas: Hypocrite
TeaBillie on welfare" wrote:

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:52:46 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker

Lose 10 pounds

Clean house, throw otu clutter

More time studying scriptures

Save money and reduce debt load

refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list

Any more resolutions that come to mind

--

Shoot yourself in the head.

That's the best one of all. You should definitely do that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2013 04:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

Last year, I was supposed to lose five pounds but gained it instead.

I am not going to make any resolutions for 2014 as my belt loop is on
the last notch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/13 4:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

To get my single, annual mistake out of the way early so it won't
sneak up on me later in the year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

--
.
Christopher A. Young

New car, new computer, new printer..... less searching for repair tips.

Posted to alt.home.repair

TeaBillie on welfare" wrote:

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:52:46 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker

Lose 10 pounds

Clean house, throw otu clutter

More time studying scriptures

Save money and reduce debt load

refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list

Any more resolutions that come to mind

--

Shoot yourself in the head.

That's the best one of all. You should definitely do that.

Dammit!! I used my last round when I shot muh foot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2013 5:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

....not to make resolutions anymore.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2013 5:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

Work even less. Lose 10 pounds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

try to save krwless's soul
Senior Member

My new year's resolution is to keep things real.

Lots of people wonder what the he11 I do around here. Most people see that I'm not actually busy doing anything, and presume I don't do anything at all around here. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm keeping things real.

Last edited by nestork : January 1st 14 at 05:25 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:41:26 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

On 12/31/2013 5:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

...not to make resolutions anymore.

I did that 20 years ago. It's worked perfectly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:04:35 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

try to save krwless's soul

Try to get Malformed to tell the truth or go away.

Senior Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It just became 2014 about 6 1/2 hours ago where I live.

Last edited by nestork : January 1st 14 at 12:38 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2013 4:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What comes to mind...
Get out of the markets before they crash,
Buy some gold
Buy some bitcoins
Change the antifreeze in the car
Lose weight
Find the lineman's pliers somewhere out in the garage
Back up the hard drive
Don't get married
Buy some stronger reading glasses
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2013 6:45 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/31/2013 04:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

Last year, I was supposed to lose five pounds but gained it instead.

I am not going to make any resolutions for 2014 as my belt loop is on
the last notch.

I'm with you.
I resolve to drink more beer and gain more weight.
These are resolutions I can keep.

Then there was the guy that resolved to run every day.
So far, he has only missed one day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

My New Year's resolution.
Not make any resolutions.
I'm good so far.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 08:57 AM, Frank wrote:
On 12/31/2013 6:45 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/31/2013 04:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

Last year, I was supposed to lose five pounds but gained it instead.

I am not going to make any resolutions for 2014 as my belt loop is on
the last notch.

I'm with you.
I resolve to drink more beer and gain more weight.
These are resolutions I can keep.

Then there was the guy that resolved to run every day.
So far, he has only missed one day.

Wow, it's Jan 1st and darn...it's the coldest day of the year.

As to running, I jogged almost every day for 15 years and guess what
happened as a result? I eventually had to get my knees replaced.

Anyone who is jogging or thinking of doing so...I suggest WALKING instead.

Now, as to my weight and why I do not plan to gain any mo

It has nothing to do with health, I am simply too cheap to go out and
buy new pants!
Posted to alt.home.repair

lid wrote:
-

try to save krwless's soul-

Try to get Malformed to tell the truth or go away.

Ya see, the reason we celebrate Christmas on December 25 is because 2000
years ago, that was the shortest day of the year. Now it's December
23rd, but because of the gradual change in the Earth's tilt in it's
orbit around the Sun, 2000 years ago the shortest day of the year was
December 25th, and the Romans would celebrate that day as the end of one
year and the beginning of a new year.

You can tell all of the anti-Christian lies you want, as often as you
like, but it doesn't make them any more true. The dates are far more
different than that because of changes in the calendars. Christmas
was pegged as December-25 because it is nine-months after the
"historical" Easter. The story is that Christ was conceived and died
on the same date, so...

And, being the beginning of a brand new year, the Romans had lots of
customs associated with the passing of one year into the next. One of
them was that people who loaned money during the year should repay it by
December 25th. Also, promises made during the year should be made good
by December 25th. Yet another was that any arguments started during the
year should be resolved or forgotten by December 25th. All of this was
because of the official belief that there was no guarantee that there
would be another year starting after December 25th in which to attend to
those matters, and so any unresolved issues should be settled by
December 25th in case there wasn't another year to follow, and the days
kept getting shorter until there was permanent night.

The Romans were wise. December 25th is an excellent time to forget any
arguments or hard feelings that arose during the previous 359 days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/14 11:08 AM, philo wrote:

As to running, I jogged almost every day for 15 years and guess what
happened as a result? I eventually had to get my knees replaced.

Anyone who is jogging or thinking of doing so...I suggest WALKING instead.

Now, as to my weight and why I do not plan to gain any mo

It has nothing to do with health, I am simply too cheap to go out and
buy new pants!

I wonder how many people in your area would give away an
elliptical if you placed an ad in the paper. That's probably one of
those presents husbands shouldn't give their wives, especially if the
second present is a digital scale.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 01:51 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/1/14 11:08 AM, philo wrote:

As to running, I jogged almost every day for 15 years and guess what
happened as a result? I eventually had to get my knees replaced.

Anyone who is jogging or thinking of doing so...I suggest WALKING
instead.

Now, as to my weight and why I do not plan to gain any mo

It has nothing to do with health, I am simply too cheap to go out and
buy new pants!

I wonder how many people in your area would give away an
elliptical if you placed an ad in the paper. That's probably one of
those presents husbands shouldn't give their wives, especially if the
second present is a digital scale.

We do have an exercise bike and I used it all the time when I was
recovering from my knee replacements. My wife used it too and lost
weight...but as with most exercise equipment , fell into disuse.

BTW: My wife also got rid of our old scale and got a digital one...
that plan was ill conceived as we still weight just the same...
However I was finally able to weigh our cats accurately.
Posted to alt.home.repair

lid wrote:
-

try to save krwless's soul-

Try to get Malformed to tell the truth or go away.

Ya see, the reason we celebrate Christmas on December 25 is because 2000
years ago, that was the shortest day of the year. Now it's December
23rd, but because of the gradual change in the Earth's tilt in it's
orbit around the Sun, 2000 years ago the shortest day of the year was
December 25th, and the Romans would celebrate that day as the end of one
year and the beginning of a new year.

You can tell all of the anti-Christian lies you want, as often as you
like, but it doesn't make them any more true. The dates are far more
different than that because of changes in the calendars. Christmas
was pegged as December-25 because it is nine-months after the
"historical" Easter. The story is that Christ was conceived and died
on the same date, so...

and easter was on what date 2000 years ago or for that matter 1000 years
from now

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 13:04:20 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

lid wrote:
-

[...]

Ask the scholars who set the date for Christmas, dumbass. This *was*
how the date for Christmas was set. It was *not* to compete with the
pagan solstice celebrations. Easter was on the same date today as it
will be in 1000 years. The future doesn't change history, though you
lefties try.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You can tell all of the anti-Christian lies you want, as often as you
like, but it doesn't make them any more true. The dates are far more
different than that because of changes in the calendars. Christmas
was pegged as December-25 because it is nine-months after the
"historical" Easter. The story is that Christ was conceived and died
on the same date, so...
Quite honestly, I would expect that if 500 or 600 years ago anyone made the assertion that Jesus was conceived and died on the same date because a normal human pregnancy is 9 months, and Christmas is 9 months after Easter, they would have been burned or boiled in oil as a heretic.

You see, Christian doctrine is that Mary's was an "Immaculate Conception", meaning that she was still a virgin when she gave birth. To suggest that the pregnancy followed much the same course as any normal pregnancy would
have a distinctly agnostic/athiest flavour to it. The conception certainly wasn't normal, so there would be no expectation that the ensuing pregnancy would be the same as for any normal human baby.

No one actually knows the date of birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

Also, I stand corrected. The shortest day of the year in 2013 was December 21, not December 23rd as I had previously stated. 2000 years ago, the shortest day of the year occured on or about December 25th, and to many pagan cultures that represented the end of one year and the beginning of a new one. 2000 years ago, the Romans celebrated "Saturnalia" on the winter solstice, and it was one of the most prominant holidays on the Roman calendar. Early Christians picked December 25th to celebrate the birth of Jesus because to do so would allow them to join in the festivities along with their fellow Roman pagans. As Christianity grew in popularity, and paganism waned, Christmas became the more prominant celebration, but it is still celebrated on December 25th.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 02:21 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

BTW: My wife also got rid of our old scale and got a digital one...
that plan was ill conceived as we still weight just the same...
However I was finally able to weigh our cats accurately.

One of my cats seems to have figured out how to weigh himself: Get on
scale, get off, wait for it to show 0, get back on, wait for result.

BTW, He's a big cat at 17.8 pounds. The "keyboard assistant" I posted
about once ( http://notstupid.us/include/picviewer.php/pix/IMG_0766 ).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."
-- Albert Einstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 06:08 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/01/2014 02:21 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

BTW: My wife also got rid of our old scale and got a digital one...
that plan was ill conceived as we still weight just the same...
However I was finally able to weigh our cats accurately.

One of my cats seems to have figured out how to weigh himself: Get on
scale, get off, wait for it to show 0, get back on, wait for result.

BTW, He's a big cat at 17.8 pounds. The "keyboard assistant" I posted
about once ( http://notstupid.us/include/picviewer.php/pix/IMG_0766 ).

Yep! Both of my cats are black
(both fixed)

the female is 9.5 pounds and the male is 12 pounds

The biggest cat I ever had was 22 pounds but 17.8 is right up there.

The only problem is...my cat is sooo stupid...whenever I wrestle with
him he always scratches me...he just plain never learns.

And lazy! You would not believe it...Whenever I take a nap...and wake
up and...there he is sleeping!

However, there sure as hell are not any mice around here!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 18:37:40 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 01/01/2014 06:08 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/01/2014 02:21 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

BTW: My wife also got rid of our old scale and got a digital one...
that plan was ill conceived as we still weight just the same...
However I was finally able to weigh our cats accurately.

One of my cats seems to have figured out how to weigh himself: Get on
scale, get off, wait for it to show 0, get back on, wait for result.

BTW, He's a big cat at 17.8 pounds. The "keyboard assistant" I posted
about once ( http://notstupid.us/include/picviewer.php/pix/IMG_0766 ).

Yep! Both of my cats are black
(both fixed)

the female is 9.5 pounds and the male is 12 pounds

Tiny cats. We have a year-old that's about 8 pounds and a 13YO that's
18 pounds.

The biggest cat I ever had was 22 pounds but 17.8 is right up there.

We lost a 27 pounder, a year ago (autoimmune issue, they think). Maine
Coons get huge.

The only problem is...my cat is sooo stupid...whenever I wrestle with
him he always scratches me...he just plain never learns.

What's to learn? You play with him and he scratches, yet you play
with him anyway.

And lazy! You would not believe it...Whenever I take a nap...and wake
up and...there he is sleeping!

However, there sure as hell are not any mice around here!

We had one that would bring them home, alive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 01:08:17 +0100, nestork
wrote:

;3175436 Wrote:

You can tell all of the anti-Christian lies you want, as often as you
like, but it doesn't make them any more true. The dates are far more
different than that because of changes in the calendars. Christmas
was pegged as December-25 because it is nine-months after the
"historical" Easter. The story is that Christ was conceived and died
on the same date, so...

Quite honestly, I would expect that if 500 or 600 years ago anyone made
the assertion that Jesus was conceived and died on the same date because
a normal human pregnancy is 9 months, and Christmas is 9 months after
Easter, they would have been burned or boiled in oil as a heretic.

Quite honestly, you're wrong. That is *exactly* how the Church fixed
the date for Christmas.

You see, Christian doctrine is that Mary's was an "Immaculate
Conception", meaning that she was still a virgin when she gave birth.
To suggest that the pregnancy followed much the same course as any
normal pregnancy would
have a distinctly agnostic/athiest flavour to it. The conception
certainly wasn't normal, so there would be no expectation that the
ensuing pregnancy would be the same as for any normal human baby.

She was conceived by God, of course. Man was, of course, created in
God's image. Mary was, of course, human. Do try to think this
through.

No one actually knows the date of birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

The Church thinks it knows the date of Easter. It knows he was born
and died on the same date. Do try to follow along.

Also, I stand corrected. The shortest day of the year in 2013 was
December 21, not December 23rd as I had previously stated. 2000 years
ago, the shortest day of the year occured on or about December 25th, and
to many pagan cultures that represented the end of one year and the
beginning of a new one. 2000 years ago, the Romans celebrated
"Saturnalia" on the winter solstice, and it was one of the most
prominant holidays on the Roman calendar. Early Christians picked
December 25th to celebrate the birth of Jesus because to do so would
allow them to join in the festivities along with their fellow Roman
pagans. As Christianity grew in popularity, and paganism waned,
Christmas became the more prominant celebration, but it is still
celebrated on December 25th.

You're wrong, of course, but don't let that stop you from hating
Christians.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 21:18:28 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
nestork wrote:

;3175436 Wrote:

[...]

Malformed, like all Christian hating lefties, lies, of course. As
Malformed constantly demonstrates, lefties can do nothing but.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:47:57 -0700, nestork
wrote:

...snip....

The Romans were wise. December 25th is an excellent time to forget any
arguments or hard feelings that arose during the previous 359 days.

were the years shorter, too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 16:00:49 -0700, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 13:04:20 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

...snip....
and easter was on what date 2000 years ago or for that matter 1000 years
from now

Ask the scholars who set the date for Christmas, dumbass. This *was*
how the date for Christmas was set. It was *not* to compete with the
pagan solstice celebrations. Easter was on the same date today as it
will be in 1000 years. The future doesn't change history, though you
lefties try.

Appearing in Scripture, isn't it written, that Conception was Dec 25th,
Birth Sept 29, and Pascal [Passover] that's STILL well documented and does
NOT necessarily occur on a Sunday!]?

I use the word Scripture and not bible, because 'bibles' often do NOT
reflect Scripture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/01/2014 06:37 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

The only problem is...my cat is sooo stupid...whenever I wrestle with
him he always scratches me...he just plain never learns.

I've been scratched twice. The first time was a mistake and he never did
it again. The other time I was holding another cat and he was surprised
by an enthusiastic 82-pound pit bull dog.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Warning: end of message imminent. Stop reading now."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My 2014 New Years Resolution

For my 2014 New Years Resolution. I'm gonna quit drinking as soon as I
finish celebrating New Years Eve. I started to celebrate the holiday
around 8pm on December 31, 2013. I plan to finish celebrating around
7:30pm on December 31, 2014.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2013 5:45 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/31/2013 04:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Use spell chekker
Lose 10 pounds
Clean house, throw otu clutter
More time studying scriptures
Save money and reduce debt load
refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list
Any more resolutions that come to mind

Last year, I was supposed to lose five pounds but gained it instead.

I am not going to make any resolutions for 2014 as my belt loop is on
the last notch.

My New Years Resolution is to stay alive and prove those doctors wrong
after they sent me home to die. I was dropped from hospice care after
six months when they figured out I wasn't dying fast enough, I actually
improved. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2014 6:08 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/01/2014 02:21 PM, philo wrote:

[snip]

BTW: My wife also got rid of our old scale and got a digital one...
that plan was ill conceived as we still weight just the same...
However I was finally able to weigh our cats accurately.

One of my cats seems to have figured out how to weigh himself: Get on
scale, get off, wait for it to show 0, get back on, wait for result.

BTW, He's a big cat at 17.8 pounds. The "keyboard assistant" I posted
about once ( http://notstupid.us/include/picviewer.php/pix/IMG_0766 ).

Are you a warlock? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

My New Years Resolution is to stay alive and prove those doctors wrong
after they sent me home to die. I was dropped from hospice care after
six months when they figured out I wasn't dying fast enough, I actually
improved. ^_^

TDD

I'll be cheering you on.

--