Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

On 12/7/2013 4:17 PM, Daring Dufas : A Sock Of Killer Loon wrote:

****ing try it yourself moron.

Killer Loon, living proof that human women should never have sex with
farm animals. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 22:03:23 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 18:22:55 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:55:05 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On 07 Dec 2013 05:56:27 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

In any event, in my case it isn't a hardship to leave the door open
as my laundry equipment is in a large walk-in pantry with no foot
trafic and closed in by a door off my kitchen.

It's wasted space in any floorplan. *BAD* idea. We'll be staying
with top-loaders.

Any floor plan? While technically true, if the space is never used for
anything else, there's no impact.

Then it's a lousy floor plan. Laundry space should be minimized so
other space can be maximized.

One example:
http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/imag...ry-room-lg.jpg

Another: In my laundry room, we have 3 coolers stacked in the space between
the washer and the sink. Leaving the door open in front of the coolers has
no impact on the usable floor space of my laundry area. Does the plexiglas
on the inside of the door protrude 5.5" into the room when fully open? Yes.
Do I ever walk in the 5.5" area across the face of my washer and dryer? No.

What you emphatically call a bad idea is a non-issue in certain
circumstances.

At a couple of hundred bucks a square foot, yes, wasted space *is* a
bad idea.

Ok, this is the point where i waste typing time as I try to reason with you
and point out a few facts. Before you reply with your typically "Idiot",
take a second a think about what I am I about to write.

OK, so you already know you're an idiot. Next...

Look at the laundry room pictured in the link. Also, imagine my laundry
room where the washer door opens across a stack of coolers. In both cases,
the space is not used nor will ever be used for anything, therefore there
is no impact from the open washer door.

It's still wasted space. Stack of coolers? You'll have to show a
picture.

Only an idiot couldn't picture a stack of coolers in the space between a
washer and a sink. Get out your crayons and draw your own picture.

Coolers? Ice chests? Refrigerators? Air conditioners? "Coolers" is
ambiguous, dumb****.

Idiot. Do you actually believe the crap you write? Oh wait, I almost forgot
(not really) that you will never, ever admit you're wrong, so you keep
changing the subject.

Do a Google image search on "coolers". Tell me what the overwhelming
majority of the images are. Actually, don't bother. Ignoring any further
posts from you is going to be so much easier than trying to talk sense into
you. If you actually think that I meant I have a stack of refrigerators or
air conditioners next to my washing machine, you are more of an idiot than
I already think you are.

If you're stacking **** in front of your washing machine you really
are a loser.

Idiot. I said (twice) "between the washer and sink", not in front of the
washer.

You still haven't addressed the issue of the open door being a
reliability issue.

Never planned to and still don't.

Of course not. You're only interested in arguing your stupid point.

Idiot. Because I'm right, something you'll never admit.

Let's see...

The door is opened over an area of the floor that is never, ever used
unless I need to grab a cooler, so there is no wasted floor space. Only an
idiot would have trouble with that concept.

So you don't have a laundry. You have a washing machine in your
storage room. Got it. I should have guessed that you were trailer
trash.

Idiot. Go back and read where I stated which room the coolers are in.

Oh, hey look, there's 4 sq ft of always usable space on top of my front
loader, more space than the open door would waste even if it was wasting
space, which, by the way, it isn't. I'm pretty sure you don't have 4 sq ft
of always useable space on top of your top loader.

Cabinets. It's better storage space than the floor. But go ahead and
live like a slob.

Idiot. Cabinets hanging on the wall don't preclude available space on top
of the washer. I have both. You?

You know what's wasted? The time spent trying to have an intelligent
discussion with you.

Only because the whole concept is foreign to you.

Idiot. The whole concept of you being wrong is very familiar to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 00:01:44 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

wrote:

[...]

Do you even read the drivel you write? I suppose not. You're
illiterate.

Do a Google image search on "coolers". Tell me what the overwhelming
majority of the images are. Actually, don't bother. Ignoring any further
posts from you is going to be so much easier than trying to talk sense into
you. If you actually think that I meant I have a stack of refrigerators or
air conditioners next to my washing machine, you are more of an idiot than
I already think you are.

The word, as used, is ambiguous. But you answered the question;
you're trailer trash.

If you're stacking **** in front of your washing machine you really
are a loser.

Idiot. I said (twice) "between the washer and sink", not in front of the
washer.

Then you're FOS WRT the wasted space an open door takes. What a liar.

You still haven't addressed the issue of the open door being a
reliability issue.

Never planned to and still don't.

Of course not. You're only interested in arguing your stupid point.

Idiot. Because I'm right, something you'll never admit.

No, because, not only are you wrong but you're too stupid to write
clearly.

Let's see...

The door is opened over an area of the floor that is never, ever used
unless I need to grab a cooler, so there is no wasted floor space. Only an
idiot would have trouble with that concept.

So you don't have a laundry. You have a washing machine in your
storage room. Got it. I should have guessed that you were trailer
trash.

Idiot. Go back and read where I stated which room the coolers are in.

What a dumbass.

Oh, hey look, there's 4 sq ft of always usable space on top of my front
loader, more space than the open door would waste even if it was wasting
space, which, by the way, it isn't. I'm pretty sure you don't have 4 sq ft
of always useable space on top of your top loader.

Cabinets. It's better storage space than the floor. But go ahead and
live like a slob.

Idiot. Cabinets hanging on the wall don't preclude available space on top
of the washer. I have both. You?

You know what's wasted? The time spent trying to have an intelligent
discussion with you.

Only because the whole concept is foreign to you.

Idiot. The whole concept of you being wrong is very familiar to me.

You're not smart enough to breathe but that's nothing new.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08 Dec 2013 03:02:49 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Sat 07 Dec 2013 09:54:32a, told us...

On 07 Dec 2013 16:18:03 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Sat 07 Dec 2013 07:57:43a, told us...

On 07 Dec 2013 05:56:27 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Fri 06 Dec 2013 12:34:16p, told us...

On 06 Dec 2013 17:50:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Thu 14 Nov 2013 03:57:59a, Ed Pawlowski told us...

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 01:18:53 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

that much.

Ed, speaking of detergent cups, what do you -- and others --
think of these little "pillows" -- presumably containing
both detergent and film-removal (can't think of proper term)
which are inserted in the detergent cup. They take the
place of powdered detergent in its cup and liquid
[whatsitcalled) in its reservoir.

I got a box of them at Costco which is lasting a long time.
They are somewhat more expensive, but very convenient and
seem to be doing the job for me.

Your opinion?

HB

For years, I've used Cascade gel and it works well.
KitchenAid though, recommends using the Cascade pillows like
you have, but they still recommend using a rinse aid in the
dispenser. The samples worked well and I may switch once I
use up what we have.

I have to wonder though, it they want you to use them for
superior cleaning or if there is some sort of financial
arrangement. They also tell you to use Affresh once in a
while to clean out the machine. So does Maytag washers now
and it is made by Whirlpool.

The instructions for our 1-1/2 year old Bosch DW specificaly
indicated no pre-washing or rinsing. It will even removed all
but the very worst burnt on residue on a baking dish. I don't
remember offhand if they recomnmended a specific detergent or
rinse agent, but I use the Cascade Complete pillows, along
with Oxi-Clean Diswasher Booster in the rinse agent dispenser.
Phoenix is known for particularly hard water, but we have
absolutely spotless dishware and glasses, and even plastic
ware.

The turn-off about the Bosch was the "screen" rather than
having a grinder. They get disgusting and it's one more thing
to keep clean.

DId you ever actually own a Bosch? My screen stays as clean and
shiny as the day it was installed. I think I found a stray
kernal of corn on it once, but nothing more.

Nope. They got tossed out of the running because of the screen
rather than having a grinder. Bad idea. We bought a kitchen
full of Electrolux, instead. Much better all around. We were
quite happy with them so will do it again - no changes.

Having said that, I initially had my doubts about my choice of a
Bosch for several reasons, as I had only previously owned
dishwashers that had a soft wasate disposer and either a heating
element in the bottom or forced air heating for the drying
cycle. My doubts vanished after the first load.

That's not the issue. The problem is having to clean the
screen. Food *will* get trapped in it and it *does* have to be
cleaned. That's its purpose.

Once a month (or when I remember) I use a diswasher cleaner
(haven't tried the Afresh brand yet), but I do use Afresh
cleaner in our Maytag front load clothes washer.

We've never had to use a "dishwasher cleaner". If it can't
clean itself, how clean is it getting the dishes?

The SS tank and racks of my Bosch would stay as clean even if I
didn't use a dishwasher cleaner. However, the main function of
the cleaner is to dissolve mineral buildup in the pump and
interior plumbing parts of the machine. I probabaly wouldn't
use a cleaner if I didn't live in an area where the water did
have such a high mineral concentration.

Not buying it but then your statement is irrelevant WRT HE
clothes washers requiring cleaning.

I would install a water softener if I could, but the
configuration of my buildinhg doesn't allow for that. If I had
a water softener, I would have no need for a "dishwasher
cleaner".

I'm glad I don't need one. We had one in our first house and it
was nothing but a PITA.

FWIW, for those folks who complain about mold or mildrew in
their f/l clothes washers, their failure to leave the door
open either betwen washing sessions, or at least until the
areas around and within the seals are dry is usually the
cause.

No, we're not about to leave the door of a front-loader open.
Top-loader, sure, but requiring that a front-loader be left
open is nuts.

If you do have a front-loader and you close the door immediately
after finishing a load, leaving moisture in the tank and seal,
you're just asking for trouble. Virtually every manufacturer
recommends that the door be left open until everything is
thoroughly dried. As to top-loading machines, for the most part
they don't reuire it because there is no seal to the opening and
moisture isn't trapped inside.

Precisely the point. If the door has to be left open, it's a NO
SALE. BTW, you're not correct WRT (HE, anyway) top-loaders.
They also now have an issue with smell, for the same reasons.
The recommendation is to leave them open, also. No real problem
because they don't take any more floor space when open, aren't a
tripping hazard, and aren't susceptible to damage.

In any event, in my case it isn't a hardship to leave the door
open as my laundry equipment is in a large walk-in pantry with
no foot trafic and closed in by a door off my kitchen.

It's wasted space in any floorplan. *BAD* idea. We'll be
staying with top-loaders.

Obviously, there is no possibility of actually discussing or
explaining anything to you, since you apparently _always_ have to
be right and haved the last word.

You can go away at any time. You won't hurt my feelings.

Bye!

Good riddance.

I'm going away from you as fast as I can. You are a total waste of
space on this planet or any other. My last words...

Good. Now go away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2013 11:51 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Thu 14 Nov 2013 03:09:28p, Tony Hwang told us...

Hi,
Some new DWs even has soil sensor which dictates wash/rinse cycle
when operating.

Our Bosch DW has such a sensor if one chooses the "auto" cycle.
Works flawlessly.

Any idea how they work?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/8/2013 1:15 PM, bud-- wrote:
On 12/6/2013 11:51 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Thu 14 Nov 2013 03:09:28p, Tony Hwang told us...

Hi,
Some new DWs even has soil sensor which dictates wash/rinse cycle
when operating.

Our Bosch DW has such a sensor if one chooses the "auto" cycle.
Works flawlessly.

Any idea how they work?

Vaguely. They sample the water and determine the contamination and
adjust the cycle accordingly.

Our KitchenAid does a fantastic job on the auto cycle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 07 Dec 2013 03:03:23p, DerbyDad03 told us...

wrote:

....snip...

It's still wasted space. Stack of coolers? You'll have to show
a picture.

....snip...

You know what's wasted? The time spent trying to have an
intelligent discussion with you.

Amen to all of this and your previous comnments to krz. He really
doesn't recognize who the idiot in the room is. Hmmm... Maybe if he
had a mirror. :-)

You know that annoying habit of his to always have the last word, even if
it adds nothing to the discussion? Well, it's interesting that he never
comments when you prove him wrong by providing documentation that he can't
refute. He never comes back and says "My bad" or "I didn't know that". If
he can't use his pretzel logic to twist the discussion the way he wants it
to go, he just doesn't respond. Typical coward.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 23:39:36 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 07 Dec 2013 03:03:23p, DerbyDad03 told us...

wrote:

...snip...

It's still wasted space. Stack of coolers? You'll have to show
a picture.

...snip...

You know what's wasted? The time spent trying to have an
intelligent discussion with you.

Amen to all of this and your previous comnments to krz. He really
doesn't recognize who the idiot in the room is. Hmmm... Maybe if he
had a mirror. :-)

You know that annoying habit of his to always have the last word, even if
it adds nothing to the discussion? Well, it's interesting that he never
comments when you prove him wrong by providing documentation that he can't
refute. He never comes back and says "My bad" or "I didn't know that". If
he can't use his pretzel logic to twist the discussion the way he wants it
to go, he just doesn't respond. Typical coward.

You *are* a typical lefty; always lie. Now, you can have the last
word, liar.