Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 00:01:44 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 22:03:23 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 18:22:55 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:55:05 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On 07 Dec 2013 05:56:27 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

In any event, in my case it isn't a hardship to leave the door open
as my laundry equipment is in a large walk-in pantry with no foot
trafic and closed in by a door off my kitchen.

It's wasted space in any floorplan. *BAD* idea. We'll be staying
with top-loaders.

Any floor plan? While technically true, if the space is never used for
anything else, there's no impact.

Then it's a lousy floor plan. Laundry space should be minimized so
other space can be maximized.

One example:
http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/imag...ry-room-lg.jpg

Another: In my laundry room, we have 3 coolers stacked in the space between
the washer and the sink. Leaving the door open in front of the coolers has
no impact on the usable floor space of my laundry area. Does the plexiglas
on the inside of the door protrude 5.5" into the room when fully open? Yes.
Do I ever walk in the 5.5" area across the face of my washer and dryer? No.

What you emphatically call a bad idea is a non-issue in certain
circumstances.

At a couple of hundred bucks a square foot, yes, wasted space *is* a
bad idea.

Ok, this is the point where i waste typing time as I try to reason with you
and point out a few facts. Before you reply with your typically "Idiot",
take a second a think about what I am I about to write.

OK, so you already know you're an idiot. Next...

Look at the laundry room pictured in the link. Also, imagine my laundry
room where the washer door opens across a stack of coolers. In both cases,
the space is not used nor will ever be used for anything, therefore there
is no impact from the open washer door.

It's still wasted space. Stack of coolers? You'll have to show a
picture.

Only an idiot couldn't picture a stack of coolers in the space between a
washer and a sink. Get out your crayons and draw your own picture.

Coolers? Ice chests? Refrigerators? Air conditioners? "Coolers" is
ambiguous, dumb****.

Idiot. Do you actually believe the crap you write? Oh wait, I almost forgot
(not really) that you will never, ever admit you're wrong, so you keep
changing the subject.

Do you even read the drivel you write? I suppose not. You're
illiterate.

Do a Google image search on "coolers". Tell me what the overwhelming
majority of the images are. Actually, don't bother. Ignoring any further
posts from you is going to be so much easier than trying to talk sense into
you. If you actually think that I meant I have a stack of refrigerators or
air conditioners next to my washing machine, you are more of an idiot than
I already think you are.

The word, as used, is ambiguous. But you answered the question;
you're trailer trash.

If you're stacking **** in front of your washing machine you really
are a loser.

Idiot. I said (twice) "between the washer and sink", not in front of the
washer.

Then you're FOS WRT the wasted space an open door takes. What a liar.

You still haven't addressed the issue of the open door being a
reliability issue.

Never planned to and still don't.

Of course not. You're only interested in arguing your stupid point.

Idiot. Because I'm right, something you'll never admit.

No, because, not only are you wrong but you're too stupid to write
clearly.

Let's see...

The door is opened over an area of the floor that is never, ever used
unless I need to grab a cooler, so there is no wasted floor space. Only an
idiot would have trouble with that concept.

So you don't have a laundry. You have a washing machine in your
storage room. Got it. I should have guessed that you were trailer
trash.

Idiot. Go back and read where I stated which room the coolers are in.

What a dumbass.

Oh, hey look, there's 4 sq ft of always usable space on top of my front
loader, more space than the open door would waste even if it was wasting
space, which, by the way, it isn't. I'm pretty sure you don't have 4 sq ft
of always useable space on top of your top loader.

Cabinets. It's better storage space than the floor. But go ahead and
live like a slob.

Idiot. Cabinets hanging on the wall don't preclude available space on top
of the washer. I have both. You?

You know what's wasted? The time spent trying to have an intelligent
discussion with you.

Only because the whole concept is foreign to you.

Idiot. The whole concept of you being wrong is very familiar to me.

You're not smart enough to breathe but that's nothing new.