Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shoot 'em if you gotta 'em

'BEDFORD, Iowa – Authorities say an escaped inmate suspected of
shooting a southwest Iowa sheriff's deputy has been killed by a
homeowner who said the armed man broke into his house."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/21/homeowner-shoots-escaped-prisoner-in-southwest-iowa/#ixzz2cdCxrf8A

How many prisons are in you county?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:58:05 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
'BEDFORD, Iowa – Authorities say an escaped inmate suspected of

shooting a southwest Iowa sheriff's deputy has been killed by a

homeowner who said the armed man broke into his house."

Read mo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/21/homeowner-shoots-escaped-prisoner-in-southwest-iowa/#ixzz2cdCxrf8A

How many prisons are in you county?

"Long, who was armed with a handgun, cut their telephone lines and used their cell phone, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Special Agent Mitch Mortvedt said.

After about four hours, Jerome Mauderly, 71, shot Long with a shotgun in the kitchen of the home he shares with his wife, Carolyn, 66."

An armed intruder breaks into the house and Mr. Mauderly waited four hours to shoot him. I think that shows a great deal of patience.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/21/2013 3:33 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
[...]

S'pose he had it in a holster on his hip when the bad guy broke in?
Senior Member

So, since Oren's first post, has anyone shot and killed the homeowner (Jerome Mauderly) yet?

Once things like this get started, they have a way of sustaining themselves, kinda like a row of dominos. Sometimes it takes months for the shooting to stop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message ...

'BEDFORD, Iowa €“ Authorities say an escaped inmate suspected of
shooting a southwest Iowa sheriff's deputy has been killed by a
homeowner who said the armed man broke into his house."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/21/homeowner-shoots-escaped-prisoner-in-southwest-iowa/#ixzz2cdCxrf8A

How many prisons are in you county?

13 here. Includes county, state and federal Federal has the worst bad guys.
WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just think! If guns were illegal in that county,
no one would have gotten hurt. Or, so the libs say.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/21/2013 2:58 PM, Oren wrote:
'BEDFORD, Iowa – Authorities say an escaped inmate suspected of
shooting a southwest Iowa sheriff's deputy has been killed by a
homeowner who said the armed man broke into his house."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/21/homeowner-shoots-escaped-prisoner-in-southwest-iowa/#ixzz2cdCxrf8A

How many prisons are in you county?

Posted to alt.home.repair

71 year old guys are seldom in a hurry for
anything except to go use the bathroom.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/21/2013 3:33 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
Read mo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/21/homeowner-shoots-escaped-prisoner-in-southwest-iowa/#ixzz2cdCxrf8A

After about four hours, Jerome Mauderly, 71, shot Long

with a shotgun in the kitchen of the home he shares with
his wife, Carolyn, 66."

An armed intruder breaks into the house and Mr. Mauderly

waited four hours to shoot him. I think that shows a
great deal of patience.

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

What kind of holster can you get for a shotgun?
Strong side, or cross draw? Ankle holster for your
shotgun for deep concealment?

And you wear it to bed? The escapee "waking them".

I want a strapless strong side evening shotgun
holster for my future wife to wear to bed.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/21/2013 3:54 PM, Norminn wrote:
"Long, who was armed with a handgun, cut their telephone lines and
used their cell phone, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Special
Agent Mitch Mortvedt said.

After about four hours, Jerome Mauderly, 71, shot Long with a shotgun
in the kitchen of the home he shares with his wife, Carolyn, 66."

An armed intruder breaks into the house and Mr. Mauderly waited four
hours to shoot him. I think that shows a great deal of patience.

Paul

S'pose he had it in a holster on his hip when the bad guy broke in?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Couple other guys climb the fence, and go after the
71 year old man. On capture, the guys keep muttering
something about "Nestork told me to!"

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/21/2013 4:32 PM, nestork wrote:
So, since Oren's first post, has anyone shot and killed the homeowner
(Jerome Mauderly) yet?

Once things like this get started, they have a way of sustaining
themselves, kinda like a row of dominos. Sometimes it takes months for
the shooting to stop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
nestork belched:
So, since Oren's first post, has anyone shot and killed the homeowner
(Jerome Mauderly) yet?

Why would anyone want to shoot him?

Once things like this get started, they have a way of sustaining
themselves, kinda like a row of dominos. Sometimes it takes months
for the shooting to stop.

how to come to this conclusion?
If I understand your post, you think protecting yourself and home results in
more killing? Really?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

'BEDFORD, Iowa – Authorities say an escaped inmate suspected of
shooting a southwest Iowa sheriff's deputy has been killed by a
homeowner who said the armed man broke into his house."

Would that be the same sheriff's deputy that was arrested with his wife
(a Romanian princess) for holding cockfighting derbies?

How many prisons are in your county?

Here in Canada, we have less than 1 prison per county - because we're
not a country full of criminals like you people are.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairMan[_6_] View Post
If I understand your post, you think protecting yourself and home results in
more killing? Really?
Chairman:
My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously, let alone start another gun-rights argument in this forum.

First Long shoots Wyckoff.
Then Mauderly shoots Long.

Well, you'd have to be brain dead not to see a pattern developing there, so if this were a question on an IQ test, I'd guess the next logical step would be for someone else to shoot Mauderly.

I can't see how you'd think any different.

Last edited by nestork : August 22nd 13 at 06:22 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
'ChairMan[_6_ Wrote:
;3110454']
If I understand your post, you think protecting yourself
and home
results in
more killing? Really?

Chairman:
You really need one of these:
http://users.usinternet.com/nkelebay...Chill-Pill.jpg

No, you need to answer a simple question.
I saw no smiley face or anything to indicate sarcasms, so do
you believe that protecting yourself results in more
killing?
A simple yes or no will do. Dancing is not permitted

Senior Member

Chairman:

I don't want to answer your question because I don't want to get into a discussion/argument with you about gun rights. You have your opinions and I have mine, and we each have a right to hold our respective opinions.

I like the situation we have here in Canada where anyone with a clean criminal record can get a rifle or shot gun for hunting or skeet shooting, or whatever. But, I also like the fact that handguns here are very much more restricted because these are the weapons of choice for criminals. Hand guns lend themselves well to concealment, and that lends itself well to what criminals want to do with their guns.

That is, I think it's a mistake for your government not to have any distinction between a long gun and a hand gun.

But, this is the last response I will make to your questions about guns because neither you nor I can change the situation, and discussions about guns almost always leads to arguments about guns, and I don't see any point in yet another argument about gun rights in here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
nestork belched:
Chairman:

I don't want to answer your question because I don't want to get into
a discussion/argument with you about gun rights. You have your
opinions and I have mine, and we each have a right to hold our
respective opinions.

If that is the case, then *you* should have never had made the statement
that you made

I like the situation we have here in Canada where anyone with a clean
criminal record can get a rifle or shot gun for hunting or skeet
shooting, or whatever. But, I also like the fact that handguns here
are very much more restricted because these are the weapons of choice
for criminals. Hand guns lend themselves well to concealment, and
that lends itself well to what criminals want to do with their guns.

As proven time and time again, criminals don't care what the laws are.
That's what makes them criminals. Funny how that works.
Just look at Chicago, with the most strict hand gun laws on the books, and
the most murders

That is, I think it's a mistake for your government not to have any
distinction between a long gun and a hand gun.

Except hand guns weren't involved this time, a shot gun was.
The hand gun that the escapee had doesn't count because he obviously
obtained it illegally

But, this is the last response I will make to your questions about
guns because neither you nor I can change the situation, and
discussions about guns almost always leads to arguments about guns,
and I don't see any point in yet another argument about gun rights in
here.

I have only one question.
What would *you* have done in the same situation as that old couple and with
that decision do you think you would be alive today like the retired couple
that are?
I doubt it

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
nestork wrote:

[...]

I thought Stormin' lived in the USA. I do, and our government does make
very significant distintions between handguns and long guns, and the ease
of purchasing, possessing, and carrying them. With some variation from state
to state of course, but no state I am aware of does not regulate handguns
more stringently than rifles and shotguns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"ChairMan" wrote:

As proven time and time again, criminals don't care what the laws are.
That's what makes them criminals. Funny how that works.
Just look at Chicago, with the most strict hand gun laws on the books, and
the most murders

But according to the people in Chicago (as late as the last couple of
weeks), that is Indiana's fault.

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

In m,
Kurt Ullman belched:
In article ,
"ChairMan" wrote:

As proven time and time again, criminals don't care what the laws
are. That's what makes them criminals. Funny how that works.
Just look at Chicago, with the most strict hand gun laws on the
books, and the most murders

But according to the people in Chicago (as late as the last couple of
weeks), that is Indiana's fault.

of course it is, just like all the problems bammy has are Bushs faultg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:32:19 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

In article ,
nestork wrote:

[...]

At least three; Vermont, Texas, Alaska.

Vermont has no handgun laws at all (permit not necessary and not
available).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pavel314 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

"Long, who was armed with a handgun, cut their telephone lines and used their cell phone, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Special Agent Mitch Mortvedt said.

After about four hours, Jerome Mauderly, 71, shot Long with a shotgun in the kitchen of the home he shares with his wife, Carolyn, 66."

An armed intruder breaks into the house and Mr. Mauderly waited four hours to shoot him. I think that shows a great deal of patience.

Paul

Might have taken him that long to remember where
it was and then go access it...

--
Tekkie