Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Giving credit when a warranty is honored

I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has
a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty
that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went
through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called
Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about
a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The
vinyl
frame has a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves
have a
decreasing warranty that goes out about 50 years. The
first 20 years
are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that
most of us
went through, one upper sash began to fog up between the
panes. I
called Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the
side of the
sash and about a week later the replacement sash showed up
on my
doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash
back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

There are still companies that honor their warranties and
actually do the right thing.
Good to know that Simonton is one of them

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2013 6:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has
a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty
that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went
through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called
Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about
a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

That is so cool, you lucked out and it appears you made a very wise
decision 6 years ago when you purchased the windows. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 8/5/2013 6:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has
a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty
that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went
through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called
Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about
a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

That is so cool, you lucked out and it appears you made a very wise
decision 6 years ago when you purchased the windows. ^_^

TDD

I bought the windows from a Norandex-Reynolds distributor on the
recommendation of an acquaintance that had recently retired as a salesman
from N-R. Since he no longer worked there and would make no commission on
the sale, I took his recommendation as "trustworthy".

When I compared the features and price of the Simonton windows from N-R vs.
the home center choices, I estimated that I was getting a upgrade from the
home center stock windows to somewhere between their first and second level
"special order" choices - for the price of their base offering.

In addition, I was dealing with a single salesperson who was a wealth of
information for a first time window installer (me). He gave me his cell
phone number and told me to call him anytime I had questions. Since then I
have bought a main entry door, a garage side entry door and a storm door
for the main entry door through N-R. I have also recommended them to a few
of my friends.

Consider me a satisfied customer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2013 9:10 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Well there are some intelligent posters in the group, glad you had good
luck and posted your results here. I learn something new everyday and
there is nothing like paying attention to those who've had experience
with any kind of product whether it was a good one or a bad one. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Hey, if ya can't learn sumptin new everyday yer doin sumptin
wrongg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Heck, DD03 posted some very good information many folks can use when
choosing replacement windows for their home. That's the kind of posts
that the newsgroup is all about, he did good. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 23:13:40 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has
a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty
that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went
through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called
Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about
a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

I put a Price-Pfister Faucet in my Kitchen 20 some years ago. It has a
lifetime Guarantee. I've called them at least five times over the
years when it's acted up and they always send replacement parts right
out. Sometimes they say there will be a shipping charge and take a cc
number but they have never actually charged me for the shipping. They
even replaced the spout because I said, truthfully, that the chrome
had some flaked spots.