Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Giving credit when a warranty is honored

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 23:13:40 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has
a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty
that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went
through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called
Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about
a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

I put a Price-Pfister Faucet in my Kitchen 20 some years ago. It has a
lifetime Guarantee. I've called them at least five times over the
years when it's acted up and they always send replacement parts right
out. Sometimes they say there will be a shipping charge and take a cc
number but they have never actually charged me for the shipping. They
even replaced the spout because I said, truthfully, that the chrome
had some flaked spots.