Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Giving credit when a warranty is honored

On 8/5/2013 6:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has
a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty
that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went
through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called
Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about
a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

That is so cool, you lucked out and it appears you made a very wise
decision 6 years ago when you purchased the windows. ^_^

TDD