Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - What can I do with the old electronics from a discarded coffee pot?

People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load.. Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:10:44 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

You could use it to turn on a nuclear power plant. Once
construction was completed. If it stayed on permanently, that would
be fine,

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

You could have it turn off by putting a normally closed, push button
switch in the power to the clock. The clock wouldn't actually give
the time then. It would give the elapsed time since the device was
last turned off.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

You could use it to turn on a van de Graf generator under the covers
in your bed. To help you wake up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Detonator?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:10:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced.. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Violently Overthrow the US Government.

Time is up. Liberate the tortured oppressed and battered. Jesus is a piece of capitalist ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

List on Ebay for someone whose coffee pot has good mechanics but needs
electronics. Or, you could ship it to Afghanistan and they can use it to
wire bombs. You might use it to wire a ghetto blaster, and set it to
turn a loud radio on about 4 AM, and leave it in vacant house in
Detroit, might scare some crack heads.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 7/30/2013 10:10 PM, wrote:
People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically,

and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic

clock and controls which still work perfectly. The

programmble control allows turning on of any load up to

about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching

of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is

connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I

hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic

clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Be sure to buy anti static shampoo.

How about a fence charger, hooked to the box spring?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 7/30/2013 10:42 PM, micky wrote:

You could use it to turn on a van de Graf generator under the covers
in your bed. To help you wake up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's the bomb.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics.

I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic

clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Detonator?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/31/2013 10:44 AM, willshak wrote:
Paul Drahn wrote:
On 7/30/2013 7:10 PM, wrote:
People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been
replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls
which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning
on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the
switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is
connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just
toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer.
IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Put the clock in a box, attach a power cord on one side, a coffee
maker on the other and there you have a coffee maker with a clock to
control when it turns on and makes you morning coffee!

Paul

Every coffee maker I have owned in the last few decades already has a
programmable clock to automatically turn on the pot at any time that it
is set for. Then, all you have to do is to remember to load the water,
filter, and coffee grinds the night before.

use it to control a receptacle through a relay and turn it into an alarm
clock?

I never understood why older clock radios used to have a receptacle in
the back for your nightstand lamp but that feature has apparently become
unpopular... I need all the help I can get to get out of the bed in the AM!

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:50:58 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

use it to control a receptacle through a relay and turn it into an alarm
clock?

I never understood why older clock radios used to have a receptacle in

Yeah, you could turn on a lamp with that, or even the coffee. We had
3 of those, made my Arvin Radio. I still have one.

the back for your nightstand lamp but that feature has apparently become
unpopular...

I think they were unpopular even before the radios were
transistorized, but now the clock can't handle 110 volts. They could
use a relay, but don't.

I don't think we ever did use the receptacle.

I need all the help I can get to get out of the bed in the AM!

You get out in the AM? I"ve got it down to 2 PM but I'm still working
on AM.

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

gibberish.
with no context to help them understand it might as well be
really tangled spaghetti code. People see your response, but
A: Because in the normal way of reading, it's as confusing as
Q: Why?
you're responding to.
A: Top-posting, that is, putting the response before the material
Q: What annoys you about my Usenet posts?

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's the bomb.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote:

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics.

I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic

clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Detonator?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:10:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
People here have lots of ideas, help! My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet. Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

I have just started a turn-on cycle, I need to see if it ever turns back off or if it just stays on forever. My wife never left it on for more than an hour or so once the coffee was made, we'll see what happens. The switched output is via a relay, so it can control up to 20 amps at 120V according to the rating on the relay contacts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07-31-2013 10:50, Nate Nagel wrote:
I never understood why older clock radios used to have a receptacle in
the back for your nightstand lamp but that feature has apparently become
unpopular... I need all the help I can get to get out of the bed in the AM!

The clock (not radio) I had in high school didn't. I didn't know such
were available--so I jury-rigged the one I had with a relay and a plug,
into which I connected a record player.

--
Wes Groleau

€œThe American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers
that it can bribe the public with the publics money.€
€” Alexis de Tocqueville