Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default OT - What can I do with the old electronics from a discardedcoffee pot?

On 07/30/2013 07:10 PM, wrote:
People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been
replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls
which still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning
on of any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the
switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is
connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just
toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer.

Plug a water valve solenoid into it and use to to blast the "hard to
wake" sleeper with a jet of water in the morning. You could market this
as a combination alarm clock and morning shower for the busy executive
and sell it through the Hammacher-Schlemmer catalog.

Jon (patent and product development consultancy fee schedule available
upon request)