Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default OT - What can I do with the old electronics from a discardedcoffee pot?

Paul Drahn wrote:
On 7/30/2013 7:10 PM, wrote:
People here have lots of ideas, help!

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been
replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which
still work perfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of
any load up to about 15 amps, based on the relay that does the
switching of the 120V to the load. Once on, I believe the load is
connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just
toss out a perfectly functioning electronic clock and timer.
IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Put the clock in a box, attach a power cord on one side, a coffee maker
on the other and there you have a coffee maker with a clock to control
when it turns on and makes you morning coffee!

Paul

Every coffee maker I have owned in the last few decades already has a
programmable clock to automatically turn on the pot at any time that it
is set for. Then, all you have to do is to remember to load the water,
filter, and coffee grinds the night before.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY