Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Way to slow down box fan?

On 2016-09-17 6:52 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 5:44:04 PM UTC-5, Shawn hill wrote:
replying to The Daring Dufas, Shawn hill wrote:
best thing to do is buy something that will reduce the amps not the volts
because the speed is changed by a tapped winding in the motor which reduces
the amperage

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...an-757381-.htm

TDD has gone the way of the Mormon...and is no longer with us. Alas!

BS, he is too busy, but still alive.

--
Froz....

....you've been had.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-09-17 6:52 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 5:44:04 PM UTC-5, Shawn hill wrote:
replying to The Daring Dufas, Shawn hill wrote:
best thing to do is buy something that will reduce the amps not the volts
because the speed is changed by a tapped winding in the motor which reduces
the amperage

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...an-757381-.htm

TDD has gone the way of the Mormon...and is no longer with us. Alas!

BS, he is too busy, but still alive.

--
Froz....

...you've been had.

No, you are an idiot, I personally know a friend of theirs, she has
confirmed both brothers are two distinct people and are both alive.
Quit spreading crap you know absolutely nothing about.

--
Froz....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-09-17 6:52 PM, bob_villa wrote:
[...]

She came by to see me a couple of weeks ago and giggled when I gave her a hug because my thigh, err, I mean neck tickler got her. \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

[8~{} Uncle Tickler Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-09-17 6:52 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 5:44:04 PM UTC-5, Shawn hill wrote:
replying to The Daring Dufas, Shawn hill wrote:
best thing to do is buy something that will reduce the amps not the volts
because the speed is changed by a tapped winding in the motor which reduces
the amperage

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...an-757381-.htm

TDD has gone the way of the Mormon...and is no longer with us. Alas!

BS, he is too busy, but still alive.

--
Froz....

...you've been had.

No, you are an idiot, I personally know a friend of theirs, she has
confirmed both brothers are two distinct people and are both alive.
Quit spreading crap you know absolutely nothing about.

I have no reason to believe your story...TDD would not leave without saying something...he was descent person. Nothing like his "brother".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-09-17 6:52 PM, bob_villa wrote:
[...]

Remain ignorant then,it is entirely your call.

--
Froz....

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to heathcliff, Leo wrote:
The best is to buy second box fan and connect wires in series, so these two
fans become very quiet and you have a lot of speed options: from knob position
3 on both to 1 on both. Even 3 on both is quieter than single fan on 1.
I also tried light dimmer but then fan motor was producing loud buzz, I guess
because dimmer output is not sine wave, so that was a bad idea.
Now, I am going to buy AC Motor Speed Control
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2000...722087063.html
and hopefully it will work better than regular light dimmer.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...an-757381-.htm