Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What would make a skimmer basket hole shrink anyway?

Both my baskets are so tight in the skimmer opening that I can barely get
them back in. The lid is the same way.

What would make a skimmer basket almost impossible to fit into the skimmer
hole? Even the cover hurts my fingers just to remove it.

Do these skimmer openings shrink over time (the pool is only 10 years old)?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:12:44 PM UTC-6, Danny D wrote:
Both my baskets are so tight in the skimmer opening that I can barely get

them back in. The lid is the same way.

What would make a skimmer basket almost impossible to fit into the skimmer

hole? Even the cover hurts my fingers just to remove it.

Do these skimmer openings shrink over time (the pool is only 10 years old)?

You just need to clean it with muriatic acid and get the deposits off of
the basket...then it will fit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 May 2013 08:48:45 -0700, Roy wrote:

You just need to clean it with muriatic acid and get the deposits off of
the basket...then it will fit.

Sorry for the double-post. Aioe.org sometimes does that (I don't
know why). I'll respond in the other exact same thread.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 May 2013 08:48:45 -0700 (PDT), Roy
wrote:

You just need to clean it with muriatic acid and get the deposits off of
the basket...then it will fit.

picky, picky, picky