Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small belt skimmer for sale?

I have a small port (3" i.d.) in the top of my coolant tank.

I wonder if anyone has a small belt oil skimmer they don't want anymore.

Thanks,
LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-08, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I have a small port (3" i.d.) in the top of my coolant tank.

I wonder if anyone has a small belt oil skimmer they don't want anymore.

I have a disc skimmer for sale. Not that it would work for this one.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus31161 fired this volley in
:

I have a disc skimmer for sale. Not that it would work for this one.

Yep. Wouldn't dip far enough down, nor fit through the skimmer port.

thanks.
LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd:

Have you looked at belt skimmers:

http://www.skimpyoilskimmers.com/

http://www.coolantconsultants.com/oil_skimmers_belt.htm

There appear to be multiple sellers on Ebay...

I'm leaning towards the Skimpy El Nino myself. My coolant
tank does not have a port, so I'll have to cut my own hole.

I realize that I'm asking an on-topic question here -- does
anybody have experience with these inexpensive belt skimmers?
Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Wayne

I have a small port (3" i.d.) in the top of my coolant tank.

I wonder if anyone has a small belt oil skimmer they don't want anymore.

Thanks,
LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:09:50 -0700, "Wayne C. Gramlich"
wrote:

Lloyd:

Have you looked at belt skimmers:

http://www.skimpyoilskimmers.com/

http://www.coolantconsultants.com/oil_skimmers_belt.htm

There appear to be multiple sellers on Ebay...

I'm leaning towards the Skimpy El Nino myself. My coolant
tank does not have a port, so I'll have to cut my own hole.

I realize that I'm asking an on-topic question here -- does
anybody have experience with these inexpensive belt skimmers?
Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Wayne

Shrug..they work until the motor dies. Then you get another one.

I service a lot of machines with belt skimmers. You do need to put them
somewhere where you can put a can or other holding device to hold the
trapped oil close enough.

I have a small port (3" i.d.) in the top of my coolant tank.

I wonder if anyone has a small belt oil skimmer they don't want anymore.

Thanks,
LLoyd

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474