Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Make your own hole saw?

so wierd it just might work...
http://www.airfieldmodels.com/inform..._saw/index.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
so wierd it just might work...
http://www.airfieldmodels.com/inform..._saw/index.htm

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************
I have been doing something similar to this with old cartridge brass
for years. I had a lot of old brass cartridges left from reloading but
in addition I have acquired various sizes of military brass. I use a
triangle file to make teeth on the cartridges and then I chuck them up
in my mini-mill and I have a nice way of cutting holes of varying sizes
in a lot of materials. So far I have used these "saws" to cut holes in
Leather, neporene shoe soles, wood blocks, various plastics etc. The
cartridges can be refiled many times and since I have saws from the .17
caliber up to the brass from an old 8 inch howitzer that I have yet to
find a need for in that large size.

Dennis