Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frog-phobic man awarded $1.6M

[...]

"This newly created wetland caused mosquitoes to breed and frogs to
gather on plaintiff's property, about which plaintiff is particularly
phobic," the court wrote in an opinion dated March 21. "Consequently,
plaintiff had problems traversing his property without the assistance
of his family and friends, whom plaintiff would often call on to
remove frogs from his driveway and near the door of his home."

"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

Read mo
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/science/article/Frog-phobic-man-awarded-1-6M-over-runoff-flooding-4416659.php#ixzz2PwDWUuqQ
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 9, 5:43*am, Oren wrote:
[...]

"This newly created wetland caused mosquitoes to breed and frogs to
gather on plaintiff's property, about which plaintiff is particularly
phobic," the court wrote in an opinion dated March 21. "Consequently,
plaintiff had problems traversing his property without the assistance
of his family and friends, whom plaintiff would often call on to
remove frogs from his driveway and near the door of his home."

"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

Read mo
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/science/article/Frog-phobic-man-awarded...

Being American I expect he might get some comfort if he carries his
six shooter. Or go and see a shrink.
Typical American paranoia. Afraid of everything.
So how will $1.6m help his paranoia?

It's part of American fear culture.
Government instilled as an excuse for all the phoney but financially
rewarding wars they start.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 00:24:08 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

It's part of American fear culture

....and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Frank wrote:

On 4/9/2013 3:24 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

wrote:

It's part of American fear culture

...and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Fear of freedom.
Had to look it up.
I learn something from Oren every day.

I figured that from the background on how Eluthera was named. But
couldn't contain myself (grin)
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's part of American *fear culture

...and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Fear of freedom.
Had to look it up.
I learn something from Oren every day.

And I was thinking he makes these words up!!! :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:43:42 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

In this case, I have to side with harry. We *ARE* doomed as a nation.

I mean, jeez louise, he's already got grounds for a legitimate lawsuit over having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

Making such a huge deal out of this frog "phobia" he supposedly has is akin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 10, 3:41*pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:43:42 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

In this case, I have to side with harry. We *ARE* doomed as a nation.

I mean, jeez louise, he's already got grounds for a legitimate lawsuit over having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

Making such a huge deal out of this frog "phobia" he supposedly has is akin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

How much dignity does a 65 YO with 40 acres and a fresh $1.3MM in the
bank need?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's part of American *fear culture

...and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Fear of freedom.
Had to look it up.
I learn something from Oren every day.

And I was thinking he makes these words up!!! :-)

Thinking is not your best trait , is it harry?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:41:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:43:42 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

In this case, I have to side with harry. We *ARE* doomed as a nation.

Well, liberals do think alike.

I mean, jeez louise, he's already got grounds for a legitimate lawsuit over having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

Making such a huge deal out of this frog "phobia" he supposedly has is akin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

Huge "deal"? The phobia is only a secondary part of the story.
Attacking a person with a condition is plain stupid. The man is a
self-made millionaire already.

"...Marinaccio emigrated to the United States as a teenager in 1963,
with just five years of schooling. But he learned to speak English and
went to work at a gas station, farm and bakery to help support his
parents. At 19, he started a construction company. The hard-working
man became a self-made millionaire through his road construction
companies, including Accadia Site Contracting."

The case was about this: (over 7 years)

"Within a year, a few acres of his land was flooded. By 2006, the
wetland grew to nearly 20 acres, and by 2009, it had grown to 37
acres."

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130407/CITYANDREGION/130409328

That tells me the man was down to 3 acres from the original 40 acres.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 10, 10:10*pm, Oren wrote:
[...]

Well if he was into construction and was wealthy, he should
have known about all these consequences done something a lot earlier.
The whole story sounds fishy to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2013 3:02 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 10, 10:10 pm, Oren wrote:
[...]

It sounds froggy to me. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 01:02:56 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130407/CITYAN...

That tells me the man was down to 3 acres from the original 40 acres.

Well if he was into construction and was wealthy, he should
have known about all these consequences done something a lot earlier.
The whole story sounds fishy to me.

Legal proceedings can take years to traverse through the courts and
reach appellate level.

"Wheels of Justice turn slowly"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's part of American *fear culture

...and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Fear of freedom.
Had to look it up.
I learn something from Oren every day.

And I was thinking he makes these words up!!! :-)

Thinking is not your best trait , *is it harry?

Anuraphobia.
I just made that up.

Or maybe herpephobia?
Is that afraid of frogs or an STD?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's part of American fear culture

...and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Fear of freedom.
Had to look it up.
I learn something from Oren every day.

And I was thinking he makes these words up!!! :-)

Thinking is not your best trait , is it harry?

LOL
Thinking is just something harry fantasizes about..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:56:05 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

It's part of American fear culture

...and you suffer from Eleutherophobia!!

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Fear of freedom.
Had to look it up.
I learn something from Oren every day.

And I was thinking he makes these words up!!! :-)

Thinking is not your best trait , is it harry?

LOL
Thinking is just something harry fantasizes about..

To paraphrase Maggie:

The problem with you [John] harry is your spine is not connected to
your head.

She was speaking to John.

Frog question. Spamlet UK diy 30 May 18th 17 03:45 PM
HandMade : Wooden Frog cyberspace Woodworking 0 May 21st 06 04:07 PM
Why is a Frog on a plane called a Frog? TWS Woodworking 49 April 19th 06 04:19 AM
frog in toilet Melissa Home Repair 17 December 17th 04 12:22 AM
Wooden Frog Help Please Walt Conner Woodturning 1 October 11th 04 12:32 AM