Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Frog-phobic man awarded $1.6M

On Apr 10, 10:10*pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:41:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:43:42 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

In this case, I have to side with harry. We *ARE* doomed as a nation.

Well, liberals do think alike.

I mean, jeez louise, he's already got grounds for a legitimate lawsuit over having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

Making such a huge deal out of this frog "phobia" he supposedly has is akin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

Huge "deal"? *The phobia is only a secondary part of the story.
Attacking a person with a condition is plain stupid. *The man is a
self-made millionaire already.

"...Marinaccio emigrated to the United States as a teenager in 1963,
with just five years of schooling. But he learned to speak English and
went to work at a gas station, farm and bakery to help support his
parents. At 19, he started a construction company. The hard-working
man became a self-made millionaire through his road construction
companies, including Accadia Site Contracting."

The case was about this: (over 7 years)

"Within a year, a few acres of his land was flooded. By 2006, the
wetland grew to nearly 20 acres, and by 2009, it had grown to 37
acres."

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130407/CITYAN....

That tells me the man was down to 3 acres from the original 40 acres.

Well if he was into construction and was wealthy, he should
have known about all these consequences done something a lot earlier.
The whole story sounds fishy to me.