Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Frog-phobic man awarded $1.6M

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:41:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:43:42 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in
Monday's Buffalo News.

In this case, I have to side with harry. We *ARE* doomed as a nation.

Well, liberals do think alike.

I mean, jeez louise, he's already got grounds for a legitimate lawsuit over having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

Making such a huge deal out of this frog "phobia" he supposedly has is akin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

Huge "deal"? The phobia is only a secondary part of the story.
Attacking a person with a condition is plain stupid. The man is a
self-made millionaire already.

"...Marinaccio emigrated to the United States as a teenager in 1963,
with just five years of schooling. But he learned to speak English and
went to work at a gas station, farm and bakery to help support his
parents. At 19, he started a construction company. The hard-working
man became a self-made millionaire through his road construction
companies, including Accadia Site Contracting."

The case was about this: (over 7 years)

"Within a year, a few acres of his land was flooded. By 2006, the
wetland grew to nearly 20 acres, and by 2009, it had grown to 37
acres."

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130407/CITYANDREGION/130409328

That tells me the man was down to 3 acres from the original 40 acres.