Posted to alt.home.repair

Default John Deere L100

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I couldn't find anything on eBay... Just parts... please help, I have to make a decision by Monday!!! Thanks!!! :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I couldn't find anything on eBay... Just parts... please help, I have to
make a decision by Monday!!! Thanks!!! :-)

I did see a price of about $ 650 for one at one site.

While not the same mower, but in the same class, I had a L120 bought about
the same time. Transmission (transaxel) went out around 300 hours on it.
It would do ok on level ground, but would not pull much of a hill. That was
its weak point. The L100 uses a differanat one, so probably not an issue
with it.

The drive belt is a real pain to change. On both modles they put the
stering shaft through the drive belt so you have to pull that out if you
ever need to change it. There are places on the internet you can look at
for help with that.

The L series are low end mowers. I did not know this at the time I bought
the L120 just bassed on the John Deere reputation when I moved from a house
with a small yard to a much larger yard. If I had, I would have looked at
something else. The old Murry mower served me well at that place for about
15 years. I just bought a Husqvarna mower to replace the L120. Not sure if
it will be any beter in the long run or not, but it is the Fast tractor and
runs much faster than the other low end mowers. I have about 1.5 acers to
cut..

If you only have a small yard and the one you are going to buy has low
hours on it, it may be ok. Not sure what they cost but I think that is
about half price of a new one. If it has an hour meter on it, and it is
over 250 hours, I would look at something else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

this one doesn't have an hour meter, but was owned by an old man with a small yard and looks very well cared for... I only have about half an acre with some steep grade areas but I think it will suffice? it's about 1500 New so I think it's a good deal, yes?
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Apr 5, 5:42*am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:35 PM, wrote:

I *found a Deere L100 *for sale for $600 *at a local dealer. *he said
it's about an '05 but they had just got out in so he didn't have a
lot of details yet, *and the only thing wrong is some silinoid(sp)
which they are replacing. *the thing looks almost brand new as it was
owned by an older gentleman who took very good care of it. *does
anyone have any suggestions on this? *is this a good tractor to buy
used? *and if so does this sound like a good price?

* * *You might want to check *Ebay and look at the closed auctions.
Your local want ads might be a good option.
I'll crosspost this to alt.home.repair. * *The misc.rural group is
really quiet.

The John Deere mowers have the name but not the manufacture. JD only
makes farm equipment. The homeowner equipment is made by a low bid
contractor. Plus the mowers have a really bad reputation for quality.

See:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/deere.html

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

On 05/04/2013 9:11 PM, Red wrote:
On Apr 5, 5:42 am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:35 PM, wrote:

[...]

Not True! John Deere riding mowers are made by John Deere in the USA.
They do not have a bad reputation for quality! Also, before someone says
otherwise, the ones sold at big-box stores are exactly the same as the
ones sold by the JD dealers.

Gil

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Apr 5, 9:40*pm, Gil wrote:
On 05/04/2013 9:11 PM, Red wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:42 am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:35 PM, wrote:

[...]

Gil- Hide quoted text -

I said 'manufacture', not 'assembled'. They are stamping their own
sheet metal and buying parts from other companies for assembly.
Assembly at JD plants are made from management decided parts.
Customer complaints are usually made, and often ignored, because of
those failed parts. And you are wrong about JD store machines being
the same as big-box machines. They are made to different specs.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/5/2013 9:40 PM, Gil wrote:

Not True! John Deere riding mowers are made by John Deere in the USA.
They do not have a bad reputation for quality! Also, before someone says
otherwise, the ones sold at big-box stores are exactly the same as the
ones sold by the JD dealers.

The Sabre line that was sold at various large outlets was, indeed, a
branded consumer line and a disaster. It has been discontinued.

They were not sold by JD dealerships and, vice versa, no regular JD
Green were sold other than by registered JD dealerships. If you look
carefully side-by-side, you'll notice that the Sabre green isn't quite
the same shade as the regular JD green--it's not as dark.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

--

Ignorance is bliss. If you'd do some research you'd find out otherwise.
The L140 that you can buy today at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. , as well as

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Apr 5, 9:40*pm, Gil wrote:
On 05/04/2013 9:11 PM, Red wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:42 am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:35 PM, wrote:

[...]

Let's take JD in another direction. A JD mower has a 20hp B&S engine
and a eXmark mower has the same engine. Both use the same air & oil
filters. The air filter in the JD package costs $4 more than the same
filter in a B&S package. The oil filter in the JD package costs $2.50
more than the filter in the B&S package. These price differences are
about the same in multiple stores. So this is another example of JD
products screwing over the buyers.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 12:39:58 -0700 (PDT), Red
wrote:

On Apr 5, 9:40*pm, Gil wrote:
On 05/04/2013 9:11 PM, Red wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:42 am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:35 PM, wrote:

[...]

Nonsense. If I buy a Ford filter for my car I pay more than an a Fram
filter. If I'm foolish enough to do it, why should anyone stop me.
There is no "screwing" here.

Need help with wiring - John Deere 655 Chuck Jurgens Home Repair 23 September 1st 20 08:35 PM
John Deere L 130 belt help stryped[_3_] Home Repair 7 May 18th 10 02:06 AM
John Deere Question DrDoom Home Repair 3 April 26th 07 03:53 PM
john deere gx355 Jackie Lowe Electronics Repair 4 May 6th 05 01:10 AM
Need HELP with John Deere wiring m Ransley Home Repair 4 April 24th 04 04:58 PM