Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

Default John Deere L100

On 05/04/2013 9:11 PM, Red wrote:
On Apr 5, 5:42 am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:35 PM, wrote:

I found a Deere L100 for sale for $600 at a local dealer. he said
it's about an '05 but they had just got out in so he didn't have a
lot of details yet, and the only thing wrong is some silinoid(sp)
which they are replacing. the thing looks almost brand new as it was
owned by an older gentleman who took very good care of it. does
anyone have any suggestions on this? is this a good tractor to buy
used? and if so does this sound like a good price?

You might want to check Ebay and look at the closed auctions.
Your local want ads might be a good option.
I'll crosspost this to alt.home.repair. The misc.rural group is
really quiet.

The John Deere mowers have the name but not the manufacture. JD only
makes farm equipment. The homeowner equipment is made by a low bid
contractor. Plus the mowers have a really bad reputation for quality.

See:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/deere.html

Not True! John Deere riding mowers are made by John Deere in the USA.
They do not have a bad reputation for quality! Also, before someone says
otherwise, the ones sold at big-box stores are exactly the same as the
ones sold by the JD dealers.

Gil