m Ransley

Default Need HELP with John Deere wiring

It sounds like a starter problem, your droping the front end would jar
the solenoid, same as tapping it with a hammer. And the clicking sounds
like a solenoid. Why are you sure its not the starter, rebuilts can be
junk. Try jumpimg it and tap the starter with a hammer while you crank
it. It could be low voltage to the starter. The seat saftey could be at
fault.

Chris Lewis

According to m Ransley :
It sounds like a starter problem, your droping the front end would jar
the solenoid, same as tapping it with a hammer. And the clicking sounds
like a solenoid.

The click sounds like the solenoid engaging. Yes, it could be the starter,
but it's a good idea to check out the rest of the wiring first. Could also
be the solenoid itself.

Ie: check the starter motor for 12V when the key is engaged.

I acquired a very old Cub Cadet which has some major damage to one of the
main wiring harnesses (point of high friction). Had to spend an afternoon
repairing it. That could cause things like this.

Also, check the solenoid for continuity when engaged. Sometimes the contacts
get so burnt/crudded up that they intermittently make contact (ie: when
jarred) - gradually getting worse.

Had exactly this problem on a Buick Century (car). The starter gradually
became more and more likely to fail-to-turn-over, and whacking the starter
with a hammer handle would usually get it to work.

Had the starter motor pulled, and it turned out that the relay surfaces _inside_
the starter (looked like a small hockey puck) was heavily pitted/carbonized.

A few passes with fine sand paper, and it was good as new.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Gary

Save yourself some time Jump out the the suspect part. you think starter. a
good battery and a pair of jumper cables will quickly let you know. if you
think it is a safety device bypass it. ect.
Regards
Gary
WWW.LIsheds.com
Storage Sheds for the NY tri state area
Jon

(Gary) wrote in message ...
Save yourself some time Jump out the the suspect part. you think starter. a
good battery and a pair of jumper cables will quickly let you know. if you
think it is a safety device bypass it. ect.
Regards
Gary
WWW.LIsheds.com
Storage Sheds for the NY tri state area

I think I am having the same problem with my JD STX36 tractor. It
used to be if I rocked it I could get it to start, now it is just
dead. I just dropped it off at the repair shop this am.

Did you ever get a resolution to your problem? What was it?

Thanks,

Jon
Kahlua53

Sounds like a bad wire connection or ground...

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Question about wiring lights David W.E. Roberts UK diy 2 April 6th 04 06:05 PM
Ferroli boiler wiring john UK diy 3 September 7th 03 12:23 AM
Cooker hood wiring again! John Greenwood UK diy 3 July 31st 03 11:10 AM