john

Default Ferroli boiler wiring

I`ve had a new boiler installed (Ferroli Tempra 30 - with integral pump) &
I`ve chosen to do the wiring myself.
The system is an S plan (boiler, 2 zone valves for CH & HW, room stat,
cylinder stat).

What I can`t figure out is the following:
The boiler has a mains cable (live, neutral, earth) coming out of it which
presumably needs to connect up somewhere. There is also a junction box
within the boiler which has 8 terminals. According to the wiring diagram, I
need to connect up terminals 1 & 2 (on the boiler) to grey and orange
outputs of the zone valves. (Terminals 1 & 2 currently have a loop wire
between them)
This is confusing as I don`t know whether to connect both the mains cable to
permanent mains (which means the boiler would be on permanently (unless I
take out the loop wire between terminals 1&2 on the boiler?) and also
connect up terminals 1& 2 to the zone valves
Very confused - help !?!

John

BillR

john wrote:
[...]

First of all the boiler does need a permanent mains connection to run its
electronics so run a 3 wire flex from its L, N & E connection to the fused
spur that feeds power to the central heating system.
The normally open contacts of the two zone valves are usually wired in
parrallel and the two resulting volt-free wires are wired accross the boiler
controlling terminals, in your case 1 & 2,.
Of course, you take off the link between these two pins so then when either
of the zone valves is opened under the control of the room or cylinder
stats, the boiler operates.

BigWallop

"BillR" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"john" wrote in message
[...]

Hi John,

Try here : http://www.basecurityssytems.no-ip.com/ferroli.htm

It may take a while to download as I've tried to keep as much detail
as possible.

BW, I'm getting DNS error on your URL
Bill

Sorry BillR, I,I've typed the link wrongly. It should be :

http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com/ferroli.htm

john

"BillR" wrote in message
john wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bill,
What I`m trying to work out is what is the difference between the boiler
operating using purely the mains cable feed and the jumper between 1 and 2
on the board (this operates both the boiler and pump) OR operating without
the jumper between 1&2 and power to both the mains feed and connection from
both valves to 1&2 on the boiler terminals?

Also, how do I know if the grey and orange outputs of the valves are volt
free (both valves are indirectly connected to the mains via room
stat/cylinder stat/programmer using brown/blue wires)?

John