Junior Member

Default Aluminium window

Recently i have purchased new house in Texas but i have no idea what type of materiel and window are suitable for my house so suggest me guys....????
Thanx
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Introduction

On 2/13/2013 3:48 AM, baron630 wrote:
Hi all
I am new here and i would like to introduce my self my name is Baron and
i want to learn about home maintenance and aluminum window so that's why
i am here.......

You're going to get teased so don't take anyone including yourself too
seriously. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

May wish to take a remedial English class, or two.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

--
baron630

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday 13 February 2013 09:48 wrote in alt.home.repair:

Hi all
I am new here and i would like to introduce my self my name is Baron and
i want to learn about home maintenance and aluminum window so that's why
i am here.......

I have aluminium windows, double glazed.

What do you want to know?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2013 9:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
May wish to take a remedial English class, or two.

Yes .... it's You may with to take a remedial English class, or
two.
Please put a subject in your sentences.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"baron630" No wrote in message ...

Hi all
I am new here and i would like to introduce my self my name is Baron and
i want to learn about home maintenance and aluminum window so that's why
i am here.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

My is just fine. Public school graduate.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
On 2/13/2013 9:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
May wish to take a remedial English class, or two.

Yes .... it's You may with to take a remedial English class, or
two.
Please put a subject in your sentences.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron630 View Post
Recently i have purchased new house in Texas but i have no idea what type of materiel and window are suitable for my house so suggest me guys....????
Thanx
PVC windows have become the window of choice over the past coupla decades because they're maintenance free. In your climate, I would opt for double glazed sealed units in the windows and I'd probably spend the little bit of extra money on a low-e coating and argon filled sealed units.

Where I live, triple glazing the the standard, but the extra pane of glass becomes less and less necessary as you go further south. (You won't be wasting your money buying triple glazed sealed units because they will also save on your air conditioning costs in winter.)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron630 View Post
Recently i have purchased new house in Texas but i have no idea what type of materiel and window are suitable for my house so suggest me guys....????
Thanx
PVC windows have become the window of choice over the past 30 or 40 years because they're pretty well maintenance free. You may still need to do some caulking, but you won't need to paint the windows. In your climate, I would opt for double glazed sealed units in the windows and I'd probably spend the little bit of extra money on a low-e coating and argon filled sealed units.

Stay as far as you can away from fiberglass windows and doors. The companies making them advertise how strong fiberglass is, but they're missing the point entirely. Fiberglass, unlike wood or even PVC, won't hold a screw well. Every time you put a screw in fiberglass, you break the glass fibers and enlarge the screw hole. It's just not a suitable material to make windows out of.

Where I live, triple glazing the the standard, but the extra pane of glass becomes less and less necessary as you go further south. (But, you wouldn't be wasting your money buying triple glazed sealed units because they will also save on your air conditioning costs in summer.)

Last edited by nestork : February 13th 13 at 05:35 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
On 2/13/2013 9:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

May wish to take a remedial English class, or two.

Yes .... it's You may with to take a remedial English class, or
two.
Please put a subject in your sentences.

You beat me to it. (-: The comma is superfluous too.

"You may wish to take a remedial English class or two."

It's just like Stormie to make *two* of his own mistakes while attempting to
correct someone who made have only made some simple typos. What did Jesus
say about these sorts of situations? I remember: "Let he among you who is
without sin cast the first stone." It can't be that Stormie's grammatically
sin-free since he's never been able to spell "amendment" correctly. He
always adds an extra "M" so that it's spelled "ammendment." Perhaps the
extra "M" is a tribute to Mormonism or some word that sounds similar.

We're "off the hook" Art, because we've cast the second and third stones,
not the first.

More importantly, in my book it's pretty rude to welcome a new poster with a
grammar flame. sigh

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 03:08:36 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
On 2/13/2013 9:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

May wish to take a remedial English class, or two.

Yes .... it's You may with to take a remedial English class, or
two.
Please put a subject in your sentences.

You beat me to it. (-: The comma is superfluous too.

"You may wish to take a remedial English class or two."

It's just like Stormie to make *two* of his own mistakes while attempting to
correct someone who made have only made some simple typos.

3-- You missed the top post.

-snip-

More importantly, in my book it's pretty rude to welcome a new poster with a
grammar flame. sigh

Sometimes I wonder if the moron is just ****ing with the Mormons by
being such an ass and then tagging their church in every post.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sometimes, I wonder if people ever communicate
directly on Usenet, or just write vague comments
like a stage soliloquy?

I think it's rude to greet people with a spelling flame.
That's why I've never done so.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

More importantly, in my book it's pretty
rude to welcome a new poster with a
grammar flame. sigh

Sometimes I wonder if the moron is just ****ing with the Mormons by
being such an ass and then tagging their church in every post.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Sometimes, I wonder if people ever communicate
directly on Usenet, or just write vague comments
like a stage soliloquy?

Who cares what you wonder? You seem to think anything that happens to you
or that you think of is an appropriate topic. Is that direct enough for
you?

I think it's rude to greet people with a spelling flame.
That's why I've never done so.

Right-wing pseudo-truth speak. You just greet them with "grammar flames" or
was it your evil twin brother Skippy that wrote:

"you need a remedial English class, or two?"

Is there no end to your mendacity? I, for one, remember you pulling this
same sort of denial crap both with "death to gays" and the Heybub-Nazi
threads. No one bought it then, no one will believe it now.

Here's a direct question: Why do you start so many off-topic threads here?
Do you feel you have the right to do whatever you want, whenever you want,
wherever you want? It sure seems that way.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

But certainly not here at the church you keep foisting on us with your
deliberate top posting:

www.lds.org

try he

www.jesus.org

This may be a little out of sequence since I don't care to waste time
repositioning your top-posted reply - again. People are getting wise to
your top posting reasons - to foist your LDS URL on us. It's bad enough you
have to force your grim "America Stinks" views on us, even in a thread about
storm windows, but adding your LDS sig makes it twice as unpalatble. (I
hope I am being as direct as you have requested) .

Jim E. might just be right when he says:

Sometimes I wonder if the moron is just ****ing with the Mormons by
being such an ass and then tagging their church in every post.

However, as much as I think your posting of any little item that interests
you is rude and abusive, I wouldn't use the same language Jim did. I just
assume it's to indicate how tired he is having to muddle through your drivel
and the inevitable chain of responses to your constant stream of off-topic
posts and divisive political commentary.

He's probably also reacting to how determined you seem to push your
off-topic political and religious views in a home repair newsgroup despite
frequent admonishments to not do so. You believe you're standing up for you
principles, but your major principle seems to be "I WANNA and you can't stop
me." No, we can't, but we can sure make it uncomfortable for you to keep up
your rude behavior.

Notice to the first self-labeled idiot who responds by saying "Set your
filters, etc." People who come to Alt.Home.Repair shouldn't have to walk
around the piles of excrement some people *constantly* leave in public
walkways, THOSE people should learn to shi+ in the toilet bowl like adults.
Or they can start their own blog if they've got to tell other people what
they had for breakfast every day (hyperbole alert).

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:
[...]

And even worse to top post it.

Foam strip on aluminium window frames? Toby UK diy 3 January 17th 12 08:42 AM
Replace Rubber Seals on Aluminium Window Double Glazing,( A CommonProblem???) Fun Loving Criminal. UK diy 6 February 25th 10 03:06 PM
aluminium arched georgian bar double-glazed window quote [email protected] UK diy 3 April 28th 06 06:22 PM
aluminium c&l UK diy 11 February 16th 05 09:57 PM
Questions about Aluminium Window Frames Michael Chare UK diy 3 January 8th 04 04:37 PM